Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamaican Black Castor Oil
    Posted: May 28 2012 at 5:19am
Has anyone tried this for growth, thickness, and manageability, and did you mix it with other oils, or did you use it straight? thnx

Edited by dude20 - May 28 2012 at 5:21am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 11:45pm

Hi, I don’t know if the castor oil I used was specifically Jamaican but I have used castor oil after hearing about all the benefits for hair growth. I like the smell of the oil compared to some of the other ones on the market and it worked well in my hair. I think it did help keep my scalp nourished and healthy which I think helped with hair growth since my hair is waist length and thriving.

I have also used coconut oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil products, argan oil, olive oil, rose water which isn’t an oil but it is also said to aid with the growth and health of your hair, almond oil and Moroccan oil. I haven’t used any of these in combination with the castor oil because I wanted to see how it worked on its own and so far so good. I can’t totally give all the credit for my hair growth to the castor oil because I use great products and do many beneficial things for my hair, but one thing that did help me a lot was taking 5,000mcg of biotin per day. I saw a great improvement in hair growth, nail growth and my skin.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic