Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want thick hair, need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pyrope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want thick hair, need advice
    Posted: June 04 2012 at 12:32pm
Has anyone tried this line of products before? I'm asian and I've always had really thin hair, but I want to try to nurture my hair to be more flowing and thick. My friend had suggested it to me, but I was wondering if anyone had reviews or advice for me before I tried it out. Or if anyone can suggest better products, I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 2:30pm
Have you tried a hair vitamin? Often that helps with the thickness of your hair.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 11:32pm

If your hair is naturally thin it may be a part of your genetics, your hair may be thin because of your genes and there may not be anything you can do to increase the thickness of the fine strands or the amount of hair you have on your head. Your head has a genetically pre determined number of hairs and hair follicles on your head and this differs from person to person.

If your hair is very straight it can appear flatter and more thin so you can try styles that make your hair appear thicker. You can try to get volume by blow drying your hair using a round brush, you could use rollers or a curling iron to give you lift and curls and depending on how susceptible your hair is to holding a curl you may need a holding product, look for one without alcohol. You can also try crimping and other styles to make thin fine hair look more volumized.

If your hair is thin due to damage rather than your genes and biology you can try thickening products. There are many on the market such as shampoos and conditioner that claim to help thin hair gain more body. If you want something more clinically strong I know of a line at Sally’s called Folicure that has a whole line of products for thin hair, I have never tried it myself because I have naturally thick hair but you can see if that works or talk to someone at the salon and see if they can recommend something. You can also check online for products for thin hair that will help thicken your hair and read the reviews about them to help determine which ones are good.

Edited by Ericachristina - July 01 2012 at 11:34pm
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 8:17am
I agree.

Edited by Administrator - November 07 2012 at 3:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic