Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what are the best products for extra dry hair???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are the best products for extra dry hair???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aces67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aces67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are the best products for extra dry hair???
    Posted: February 20 2005 at 4:04pm
I've been using All Soft but I still need more moisture. I have hypothyroidism and even though I take meds for it and my thyroid is now in the normal range my hair and my skin is still super super dry.

Thanks
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 8:26am
Redken All Soft has a lot of silicone and sulfates that can be drying, and the 'cones actually make your hair dryer if you use it for a long time and don't use a clarifying shampoo to remove build up. When silicones build up, they make a coat on the outside of your hair that can break off and take your hair with it over a long period of time. Get a clarifying shampoo and use it once every 2 weeks and you should be better off.

A vinegar rinse also helps some with removing buildup (about 1 tablespoon in 1 cup of water is an okay amount, poured over your head - left on for no more than 30 seconds - before shampooing and conditioning as normal.

You can also oil your hair with jojoba oil after it dries. One drop spread over your hands then rubbed into your hair from the ears down will greatly moisturize your hair, (and since you only need a drop, it will not make your hair look oily or get on your clothes or anything. If it makes your hair look oily, you should use less).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 1:03am
try sleeping with conditioner still in your hair. it will make it super soft. or you coould go to a salon ask for a moisturizing hair treatment.
ARGHH
malishka31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malishka31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 1:59am
Try kerastase masquintense thick (or fine depending on your hair )
It works wonders
Also try Kerastase aqua oleum nano emulsion for dry hair.

With the mask you will see and feel immediate results.
It is expesive but on ebay you can get it pretty cheap for a 250ml container.
It really works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic