Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catnip Naturally Kills Roaches?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dfunno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfunno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catnip Naturally Kills Roaches?
    Posted: August 22 2012 at 8:23pm
First of all I hate to kill anything.  Even roaches even though they gross and ewww.

Second of all, I hate using chemicals like Raid or similar.  It gives me a headache, a sore throat and makes me paranoid that I'm poisoning myself.  I know, I know...a little over the top but oh well.

I am always looking for all natural treatments to eliminate roaches, ants, bugs or similar.

A friend of mine told me that catnip which is used with cats, will actually repel roaches and similar insects.  I thought it was a crazy theory but I discovered that this has been documented by scientists at Iowa State University.

It seems that nepetalactone is a chemical on the leaves of catnip.  While nepetalactone attracts cats, it completely repels roaches, even better than Neet.  That way you don't have to kill them or inhale the chemicals.

Just spreading catnip where you've seen roaches isn't the best way to go because the catnip will be easily blown away.  A good approach is to make a catnip tea and when it cools pour it into a spray bottle.  Spray the area where you have seen roaches and that will repel them.

All kinds of roaches.  Wood roaches and old fashioned oriental roaches.

Do you any natural roach or beg repellant recipes or formulas?  I would love it if you would share.  I will try anything once.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 02 2021 at 9:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic