Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

to cut or not to cut with a dream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunshinecat2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshinecat2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to cut or not to cut with a dream
    Posted: September 17 2012 at 1:50pm
 I have hair that  is about 2inches  under the shoulder.In my nap dream, I was about to cut off my ponytail. As I was getting up and about an hour later after getting up I still feel the urge to cut it off. I just went to the salon about 2 weeks ago and had a trim. Now 2 weeks later I have this dream and urge. The urge is so strong, that I want to do it at home after the dream. I am in the process of reiniventing who I am.

Edited by sunshinecat2007 - September 17 2012 at 3:19pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2012 at 9:23pm
Go with that feeling sugar; it'll be great!
HAWG
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 8:21pm
It might sound great to just cut off the ony tail and go with a very short haircut... to reinvent yourself.  But...

Is a haircut really going to reinvent what you are seeking about yourself.  Sometimes we see what we can only understand in our dreams... so you see a TRANSFORMATION of yourself in a way you understand.  Transformations can be in terms you can see, like a haircut, a clothing change, a different change in lifestyle...and so on.

But sometimes it's deeper than this.  If it is deeper, yoiur haircut might not solve the problem... only make more frustrated becasue the haircut did not do what you thought it would.

Dreams about change only change what you understand.  But the change might be deeper.

I would suggest writing down all the things you do each day.  Then allow it to change into a months items.  Now, look at it and check all the things that create a sugnificant emotional response.  What are all those things that get under your skin.

Now your getting somewhere.

With all these things written down... now you can see a pattern.

Maybe all these things are about work.  About a boyfriend... a husband... about family, friends... a common thread...

Maybe all these things... all about image of yourself is more about what people think of you... and the influence of those thoughts you might find.   Now you might find it has nothing to do with image but, how other things around you might be the cause.

Very rarely, does image create dreams that are unsatisfying, degrading and hopeless feelings.  It measns something more that needs to be found.

In other words, just changing a hairstyle will not solve a problem, because image has nothing to do with it.  It is much deeper than something so superficial... Most problems are more than that.  They have a deeper meaning.  You owe it to yourself to find the deeper meaning.

When you have something to find about youself the first thing the mind does is to find something you understand... like image... even though the probnlem might be deeper.  These dreams might change... if you put your foot down on cutting hair... and become deeper... meaning the problem is deeper than it is.

It is best to be sure than to create a problem on top of another problem... cutting hair when you don't need it done. 

It is best to explore yourslef in more detail before you jump to any conclusions... becasue jumping to conclusions can magnify your own problems.

I would suggest not cutting your hair and finding the root to your dreams by writing them down and looking over them.  If you wake up, write those dreams down and go back to sleep.  Go over them later to explore the meaning behind them.  Do not take an action unless you are completely... COMPLETELY sure of the outcome and how it would effect you.

Food for thought... 
Guys like me notice!
sunshinecat2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshinecat2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2012 at 5:16am
Thank you Sparrowhawk, I did not cut my hair. As I was reading what you said about the hair, I remember when I had short hair I didn't like it at all.Thank you for all the suggestion I will  take them and apply them to my everyday life.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic