Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biotin and acne?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biotin and acne?
    Posted: October 18 2012 at 1:23am

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone experienced acne from taking biotin. I was taking biotin in 5,000mcg tablets for months until I began to break out. I have never had issues with acne so I thought it was the biotin. I stopped using it a few months ago and the breakouts stopped and my skin is clear again.

The problem is I want to begin taking the biotin again because I definitely think it helped with the growth of my hair and nails. Does anyone know how you can take these pills without having any negative skin side effects?

I read that there is another B vitamin that has to be balanced in conjunction with the biotin to help eliminate the side effects has anyone else had this issue with biotin? And if so what did you do?
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2012 at 2:12pm
You may start taking it every other day and build it up in your body first. Everyone reacts diffrent. I think you could also try taking a folic acid suppliment as well which will prevent acne from the biotin.
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by SiNfuL GirL SiNfuL GirL wrote:

You may start taking it every other day and build it up in your body first. Everyone reacts diffrent. I think you could also try taking a folic acid suppliment as well which will prevent acne from the biotin.
Thanks I did hear good things about folic acid so I may give that a try
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic