Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good idea, but.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:35pm
Hi Bruce...Yeah, yeah...I know....Northern California. Sorry. No offense. I thing the location thing was meant as a general comment...I am not finished soliciting other women for the board. In fact..I have only just begun...watch out women of the Internet. :-)Yes..you are right...we need the woman to place the ads. That is why I spent all day Sunday sending email to all those different woman asking them to post free ads on this board. So far...no takers. I will keep trying.Yes...they would pick and choose. But at least they would be here and that is good. You are also right about the looks...are important..issue. This is true and will always be true. Some women just don't like to admit it.I will admit it. I grew my hair long to attract attention. And believe me...it does attract attention. I personally like it. But then I am a show off and not in denial about why I like having long hair. Some women are not willing are able to acknowledge their true motives or feelings. They may have hidden agendas...even from themselves. It is too bad...but that is the way some women...and men..are.I will also freely admit that there are certains physical characteristics that I looked for in men and also avoided. I personally love long hair on men while a lot of society doesn't. So I go and look at all the long haired men on the long hair men's site.Same thing..it is not a fetish. I just happen to like long hair. Now if I can get this across to other women...we might get somewhere.Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts on this. I totally agree with all of your suggestions.I am not under any circumstances giving up on this board.Thank you for being so patient.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Victor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
I've been reading some of the messages here out of curiosity more than anything else. I've never responded to a personal ad of any kind before, nor have I posted one. My own view about this is that I prefer to be spontaneous. Personal ads seem rather contrived to me. A more likely scenario for me would be to meet someone via your other message board as well as other areas on the internet. There, you can get to know people by the messages they post. After seeing a wide variety of posts, then a direct email message can be sent to break the ice.On the other hand, I'm not generally the dating type anyway. I've had only one serious relationship, and I ended up marrying her. I guess I break many of the male stereotypes, but for me, I doubt if personals will ever do much.Just my own opinion.Related Link:Men's Long Hair Site
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
Since you didn't include your email, I have no choice but to post! I couldn't agree with you more that a relationship, or even an introductory conversation, based solely on a physical attribute is awkward and misguided. If I meet women through this site or others, I hope there is no mistake -- if I'm responding, it's because there's some indication I might like the person, not just the attribute.If you send me a private email I guarantee you'll get a response! :)-Scott> Hi...> I agree with Valentine. I have read all the> ads posted here. I even responded to one of the> emails...but did not even get a response back.> So I wonder if that guy was really serious about> meeting women.> I also agree and think distance does have> a bearing on response. I have long hair...but> to me...it is not the most important part of me.> I get suspicious when I think a man is more concerned> with something about my physical appearance and> not the me that is inside. I think a LOT of women> feel the same way. So if a man compliments me> on my hair...I wonder if that is all he is interested> in.> How do we know if the ads are being responded> to after all? Everyone has email listings....so> maybe they are getting responses. Like I said...I> sent a private email...but did not get a response> back.> Mary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic