Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lighten or Color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BMAdAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMAdAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighten or Color?
    Posted: October 20 2012 at 6:33pm
Hello,

I have medium to dark ash blonde hair (natural) and am trying to apply highlights. Previously I was using a box of highlights from the drugstore that was a couple shades lighter than my hair color. This was the mix creme and powder. I have noticed this cause a lot of damage relative to when I was getting it done at the salon.

I would like to switch to something less damaging if possible. I looked around SallyH's and found some products that are creme based (no powder) that claim to be less damaging. My question is... To get my hair a couple shades lighter than natural, highlights only, should I use a lightener and nothing else? Or do I actually choose a hair color that is a few shades lighter?

Thanks!!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2012 at 11:50am
I would just use a lightener and possibly a toner if you lighten with brassy color the toner would take that out. If you already a light blonde then a lightener should be no problem at all. 
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 4:39am
Tracy dress for the very first time to Niyaz Pirani's wedding final weekend simply because frankly I adore it. The very first couple hours had been fine. The concept of passing out only crossed my thoughts as soon as. Then we ate and drank champagne. Not great. By hour 4, I was literally gasping to obtain sufficient air red prom dresses . , which definitely negated any good impact I hope the dress had on my look. wigs for kids That is when I knew it was time to leave the party replica rolex men watches . . But apparently not sufficient oxygen had been going to my brain throughout the night as I missed my freeway exit by a minimum of 6 miles on my way house. Clearly, I should not maintain performing this to myself. So either I'll maintain the dress for shorter events exactly where there is no food or 1 of my smaller buddies will probably be obtaining a present soon. The 1 consolation towards the night? My feet did not hurt at all. .
How a lot would you suffer for style? A great deal A bit None View ResultsJulie Gallego is an unrepentant shoe addict. The Register's company editor will be the kid of a confirmed shoe addict and has no plans to quit adding to her almost 200 pairs of shoes. The Irvine resident, who will weblog as soon as per week on her passion, also loves bags as well as other accessories - but only if they go with her shoes. replica piaget replica piaget . So I get this instant message within the middle of a function day: "Jimmy Choos, 65 percent off. christian louboutin shoes . "What? !The space began spinning and I was forced to pinch myself. Jimmy Choo - not Jimmy Choos at a department shop or Nordstrom Rack - however the JIMMY CHOO shop at South Coast Plaza was getting a sale. A great 1. Cut to Friday. Me: Mom, let's quit
gendolly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic