Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural oils vs department store conditioners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural oils vs department store conditioners
    Posted: October 25 2012 at 4:32pm
Hi everyone,
I have tried many conditioners, masques, deep conditioners and hair treatments and there are a lot of good ingredients in them like natural oils and extracts but you only get them in small amounts in most of these products.

So I decided to try going right to the source of what makes most of these products good and bought some natural oils and ingredients to use on my hair instead; this way I can get a lot more of the benefits than just using a store bought product with tiny amounts of these ingredients

some of the organic natural oils I have acquired are:
coconut
argan
olive oil
tea tree oil
grape seed oil
macadamia oil
avocado oil
hemp seed oil
rosemary oil
almond oil
jojoba oil
castor oil
shea oil

I want to experiment with these different oils to see exactly which ones are the best for my hair.

have any of you had any success with any of these oils?

I wrote a blog that has a short summary of a variety of oils and what they do for your hair if anyone is interested you can find it at:
http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.ca/2012/10/store-bought-conditioners-and-hair.html?spref=tw

Edited by Ericachristina - October 25 2012 at 4:35pm
helenrosi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helenrosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 5:40am
In a hydrating treatment of, Its helps to repair and condition hair. Its contains essential oils of rosemary formulated with Oryza Sativa & honey extract to seal & nourish hair.Apply & massage into damp or dry hair. Leave in for 20 - 30 minutes rinse well. It will give good result.Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 11:58am

Thanks for the suggestion. I like using essential oils in my hair and honey is great too, it leaves my hair soft and shiny.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2013 at 10:13pm
Coconut oil!!! It is the greatest thing in the world!!! It has turned my hair, which was damaged, into beautiful, soft, shiny, bouncy, full, frizzless hair!!! I now buy huge containers of if. $21.49 for a 54oz tub at Vitacost. I use it for my skin, there is no better moisturizer, and I also take it internaly, I put it on my toast. I still use conditioner after washing out the oil, but my hair now has the beauty and softness, I used to have to use chemicals to achieve. Not anymore, and it is all thanks to the coconut oil. I love it and will use it for life!

fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 12:34am
I always use olive oil for my hair because olive oil is a fantastic conditioner for hair which contains anti-inflammatory properties that promote scalp health and prevent dandruff. Use olive oil and you will definitely find great results

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 10:08pm
Thanks for all the input everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic