Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with brown hair turning copper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
donnatella701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnatella701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with brown hair turning copper
    Posted: October 28 2012 at 5:54pm

I had virgin dark brown (almost black) hair. I wanted caramel highlight, I said no red and brought photos!   Anyway, I now have auburn/copper hair. She put in some highlights, and dyed the base although you can not see the highlights and it looks like a solid color.

She said she used a vegetable dye to "lighten" it. Is that possible?   I thought vegetable dyes only coat the hair and does not lighten?

I really want the red/copper out of my hair.   Now that she colored it, I read that the only way to lighten it is to use bleach.    

My hair is very fragile and breaks easily, so I do not want to use bleach.
I am totally upset, I had been groaning out my color for 3 years and had total virgin hair.   

Is there anyway to get the highlights I wanted now? How can I get rid of this nasty copper color?

Also, I went back to the salon and she said she didn't see copper., that it was just lighter.   Everyone around me says it's copper!

help
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 11:44pm
Hey Donnatella701, 
Vegetable hair color is a temporary color that washes out after 10-12 washes but this can be sped up by washing your hair with a sulfate shampoo and reallllly massaging it in your hair. I personally have never had this on my hair nore used it on any clients other than demi colors. Here is a link so you can understand better.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5408744_vegetable-hair-dye_.html

Clearly the stylist did not do as you requested and I would complain but you should also understand for future what someone is putting on your hair. Make them explain the pros and cons what it is etc. Though anyone will just try to sell you on what product they use you can always research first to see if that is something you want.
Now a couple options you have are letting it wash out for the next couple weeks and see what happens. You can try a lightener instead of a bleach so it is not as harsh but know you will not lift to a light blonde but a dark blonde light brown from dark brown to black hair. I do not know how she got your hair lighter as I do not know what formula she used and with what products exactly but I would try to wash your hair really good and see what you can just wash out in the next couple weeks and go from there. 
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!
Maceyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maceyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2012 at 4:51am
If you're scared for another dye accident try a temporary hair colouring product
I actually use this dry shampoo from spilt milk but it also lets you temporarily dye your hair! I hated my highlights from before so I used it for a slight balayage effect and its great because it cleans my hair too!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic