Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Harvey Had Faux Breakdown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Harvey Had Faux Breakdown
    Posted: January 23 2013 at 10:30am

Anything to grab headlines is now fair game ranging from having a Fake Girlfriend to coming out on The Golden Globes.

With this attitude of trying to grab headlines there are now reports Steve Harvey had a emotional breakdown on his TV talk show.  Except he really did.  He had a faux breakdown where he was simply overcome with strong emotion.

Of course this would not make headlines.  Steve Harvey overcome with emotions is not nearly as provocative as Steve Harvey Has Breakdown.

Steve Harvey’s recent breakdown was part of his show — and the segment either was a total surprise for Harvey, or he is a very good actor.

Harvey, who just turned 56, is riding high with a lot of TV success...including his daily talk show....as well as a lucrative side career writing books which basically tell women to be more ladylike.

The cause of the recent emotional faux breakdown?  A secret caller to the show asked 

“I just have one question, do you still love me, baby?”

Harvey proceeded to lose it and become extremely emotional (as does the caller).  It was later explained that the mysterious caller was Rich Liss from Orlando, Florida.

The host said after the segment:

“I was 26 years old, struggling. I didn’t have nothing and these people owned a furniture store in Cleveland. They took me in and gave me a contract with my little carpet cleaning company. When I became a comedian at 27, I didn’t have money to travel. They gave me an account at their travel agency and I ran up a bill that was $11,000 just traveling and try to make it. Those people right there, they helped me out!”

Harvey and Liss express their feelings for one another, and the host admits he’s been “looking for you for years, man!”

It was a breakdown, but not the kind with the straight jacket or getting taken off to a hospital or rehab.

You can read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/491834/steve-harvey-breakdown-tears-follow-emotional-surprise-guest-video/#hYvpL8hz2BpU6Vf2.99

Thoughts?  Was it right to manipulate the headlines to draw attention?  Or is it OK to use whatever will get attention?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 4:33pm
I don't necessarily think its right to manipulate words so they bend the truth but at the same time without these manipulations the story would not be as interesting.

I have to admit I do occasionally watch entertainment TV and it is even apart of the evening news. It seems that people are more interested in a story if its bad news or juicy gossip, if not it isn't as interesting to the public and then the story doesn't sell. Unfortunately I think it is just apart of show business now, what sells is what is printed and the more controversial the better for the seller. I don't really feel that it is completely terrible, as a consumer of entertainment media it is up to you as a viewer to decipher some of the facts from the fiction and know that you can't believe everything you read. I read some of these stories and interpret them as gossip or entertainment but the use of words to bend a story in the direction they want doesn't always effect my personal opinion of the situation and even if it does it doesn't really matter to me.

I don't find it amusing however when celebrities themselves plant false information, videos and photos about themselves in a desperate need to gain attention.

Edited by Ericachristina - January 23 2013 at 4:38pm
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 1:20pm
Agreed....anything for headlines these days.  Half the time I don't even read stuff anymore because I am so suspicious of what it is.  Even worse, it may be spam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic