Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wife's Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wife's Hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:39pm
I would love for my wife to have blonde hair..any thoughts as to haw I can convince her? She is somewhat reluctant.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:39pm
Hi Steve,Maybe you could convince her to buy a really nice blonde wig and try it out. If she likes it you can nudge her more towards a permanent hair color situation.Maybe she is reluctant to undertake anything that she perceives is a lot of work to take care of or could harm her hair. Maybe is she likes the way she looks in the wig you can help her move in the blonde direction.Good luck.Karen> I would love for my wife to have blonde hair..any> thoughts as to haw I can convince her? She is> somewhat reluctant.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:40pm
Hi Steve,I had the exact same wish but I wanted to see her cropped as well as white.I found a similar style in a book and told her I'd like to see her in a style like this.She took it to her stylist who talked her out of it. (Are you sure you are ready to loose all this length ? Are you ready for visits every 3 - 4 weeks for roots ? Are you ready to have dark roots ? Are you ready to be the butt of blonde jokes ? Are you ready to be called Suicide Blonde ? Are you ready for your friends reactions?)Major Hitch.We talked about it some more for months and eventually what got round it for me was everytime we saw a cropped blonde it became a sort of joke between us. She would point them out to me! I used to say to her "I wonder if she is called Suicide Blonde or how she copes with her roots ?"We kept discussing it and the last problem was her stylist. She was dead against it. With a bit of work I eventually got her to go for a consultation at another salon and the stylist here was brilliant.We went in and showed her the picture and she looked at it and said "Wow - Big change. This will really suit you ! Are we doing it now ?"My wife hardly had a chance to say anything. The stylist had the cape on and was "Taking off the weight" in seconds. As hair seemingly is bleached dry she just hacked it off without even washing it.We went in at 9-30 and by 9-45 my wife had lost all but about 2 inches of hair and was covered in a mauve bleach paste.She sat their hissing at me "If I hate this you are dead" She was convinced I set it all up. They took her away to wash off the paste and the shock when she came back was just indescribable. They unwrapped the towel and where their was hair now it had gone and where it was brown now it was white.They came back with a chart where they picked a shade of blonde that was painted on and washed off and then began to cut it again. It was dried in seconds and a rather cropped, blonder wife in shock was returned to me.For a few days she hated it (and me) but everyone commented on it. Her opinion began to change and after about a week she began to actually say things like "it's so easy" and "so and so asked me where i got it done"4 weeks later she was sat in the Salon again saying "Just like last time please"Sorry, long tale but keep asking her and I worked on my wife gradually making all the issues dissapear. Or I guess you could always have a quiet chat with her stylist !!!!!!
Bun Man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bun Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:40pm
> Hi Steve,> I had the exact same wish but I wanted to> see her cropped as well as white.> I found a similar style in a book and told> her I'd like to see her in a style like this.>> She took it to her stylist who talked her> out of it. (Are you sure you are ready to loose> all this length ? Are you ready for visits every> 3 - 4 weeks for roots ? Are you ready to have> dark roots ? Are you ready to be the butt of blonde> jokes ? Are you ready to be called Suicide Blonde> ? Are you ready for your friends reactions?)> Major Hitch.> We talked about it some more for months and> eventually what got round it for me was everytime> we saw a cropped blonde it became a sort of joke> between us. She would point them out to me! I> used to say to her "I wonder if she is called> Suicide Blonde or how she copes with her roots> ?"> We kept discussing it and the last problem> was her stylist. She was dead against it. With> a bit of work I eventually got her to go for a> consultation at another salon and the stylist> here was brilliant.> We went in and showed her the picture and> she looked at it and said "Wow - Big change.> This will really suit you ! Are we doing it now> ?"> My wife hardly had a chance to say anything.> The stylist had the cape on and was "Taking> off the weight" in seconds. As hair seemingly> is bleached dry she just hacked it off without> even washing it.> We went in at 9-30 and by 9-45 my wife had> lost all but about 2 inches of hair and was covered> in a mauve bleach paste.> She sat their hissing at me "If I hate> this you are dead" She was convinced I set> it all up. They took her away to wash off the> paste and the shock when she came back was just> indescribable. They unwrapped the towel and where> their was hair now it had gone and where it was> brown now it was white.> They came back with a chart where they picked> a shade of blonde that was painted on and washed> off and then began to cut it again. It was dried> in seconds and a rather cropped, blonder wife> in shock was returned to me.> For a few days she hated it (and me) but> everyone commented on it. Her opinion began to> change and after about a week she began to actually> say things like "it's so easy" and "so> and so asked me where i got it done"> 4 weeks later she was sat in the Salon again> saying "Just like last time please">> Sorry, long tale but keep asking her and> I worked on my wife gradually making all the issues> dissapear. Or I guess you could always have a> quiet chat with her stylist !!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic