Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are u supposed to trim hair after thinning it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jm183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jm183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are u supposed to trim hair after thinning it?
    Posted: February 05 2013 at 2:35pm
I always get what I feel are bad haircuts. I'm a guy with incredibly thick hair and never can find someone to give me a decent hair cut. I finally got a decent hair cut like 7 weeks ago. I asked the barber to thin it out and he did and it was a decent haircut that I actually got a few compliments on. Anyway I went back to the same guy just now and it's a usual bad haircut.

They always buzz my right temple short and I guess they're trying to even it with my left temple but I always think it looks stupid that one side is buzzed to straighten it and the other side isn't. The buzzed skin look just upsets me. Anyway, what I thought was weird is that he used the thinning shears first and then used the regular scissors afterward. When he was doing it I thought it was strange. Wouldn't that just negate the shears? And I believe it did, there's no layering to my hair. Last time he trimmed first with the normal scissors and them used the thinning out scissors.

Is there a right order to thinning out your hair? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic