Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Husky who is an escape artist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandyllama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyllama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Husky who is an escape artist
    Posted: February 09 2013 at 10:42pm
I have an adorable Husky who is the funnest dog in the world. I love taking him outdoors and playing with him. He recently began maturing though and has gone nuts! He began digging out of a certain part of the yard so I had my bf lay some concrete down under the gate so he wouldn't get out.

Did that stop him? Nope!

He soon began digging out on the other side of the house and since then it has been non-stop. He has become notorious in the neighborhood and has been returned many times by the neighbors. Although I don't want to... I have put him on a chain to keep him in the yard. I try hard to go on a lengthy walk almost everyday and will take him off the chain a couple times to let him run around the yard while I keep an eye on him.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 5:46am
Thanks for sharing.  What a cute story.

Do you have any photos of your dog?

BTW...there are supposedly essential oil formulas you can make and put into a spritzer bottle which will supposedly keep pets from wanting to escape.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 10:25am
Husky's are incredible dogs. Intelligent, fun and very sweet! This is a behavioral issue. If he's not nuetered then please consider it. Perhaps he's trying to get out to find a girlfriend. If he's already nuetered then you should look for a dog trainer. They will set you on the right course in correcting this behavior! For now, don't leave him in the yard alone! Leave him inside, take him for walks and only allow him to be outside when you're there to supervise and play with him to distract him from trying to escape. The behavior must be addressed, you wouldn't want him to get hit by a car or end up in a shelter after being picked up as a stray for wandering. Consider having a microchip put on him in case he does get lost and make sure he has a collar with an ID tag on always! Good luck!Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic