Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EqualRights for guys who want long hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamie Long View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EqualRights for guys who want long hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:46pm
Hi,I am a hearing impaired person who wears hearing aids. I want to hide them under my hair and I am getting a lot of pressure to keep it cut by Mom and other people. I look around and I see a lot of gilrs with hair shorter than guys and I wonder where's the justice. I would love to wear my hair chin length and all the same length with straight bangs. I feel if girls can get away with wearing short hair, then guys ought to be able to wear their hair in the longer styles. I have a legitimate reason to want long hair, but people are dead set on me having short hair. Incidently, I keep my hair neatly trimmed with monthly visits to the stylist and wash my hair everyday and style it too. It looks really nice and sometimes better than a lot of girls. I am not a gay person or someone who wants to dress as a girl. I just want to hide my hearing aids.
Boo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:46pm
> Hi,> I am a hearing impaired person who wears hearing aids.> I want to hide them under my hair and I am getting a> lot of pressure to keep it cut by Mom and other> people. I look around and I see a lot of gilrs with> hair shorter than guys and I wonder where's the> justice. I would love to wear my hair chin length and> all the same length with straight bangs. I feel if> girls can get away with wearing short hair, then guys> ought to be able to wear their hair in the longer> styles. I have a legitimate reason to want long hair,> but people are dead set on me having short hair.> Incidently, I keep my hair neatly trimmed with monthly> visits to the stylist and wash my hair everyday and> style it too. It looks really nice and sometimes> better than a lot of girls. I am not a gay person or> someone who wants to dress as a girl. I just want to> hide my hearing aids.
Nicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:46pm
> Hi,> I am a hearing impaired person who wears hearing aids.> I want to hide them under my hair and I am getting a> lot of pressure to keep it cut by Mom and other> people. I look around and I see a lot of gilrs with> hair shorter than guys and I wonder where's the> justice. I would love to wear my hair chin length and> all the same length with straight bangs. I feel if> girls can get away with wearing short hair, then guys> ought to be able to wear their hair in the longer> styles. I have a legitimate reason to want long hair,> but people are dead set on me having short hair.> Incidently, I keep my hair neatly trimmed with monthly> visits to the stylist and wash my hair everyday and> style it too. It looks really nice and sometimes> better than a lot of girls. I am not a gay person or> someone who wants to dress as a girl. I just want to> hide my hearing aids.Actaully, i think guys that have long hair are sexy. So dont care what other people think, go out and grow your hair. Its more attractive than those damn buzz cuts.
Pete View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:46pm
I agree! Grow it. I can relate because I worked at a job for 9 years where I was dictated on a monthly basis to "get a haircut". I was never comfortable with short hair and desperatly wanted to grow it long. 4 years ago, I told that job to "Stick It" and my hair has been growing ever since, and I've never been happier. I'd like to send a message out to any employer who chooses to sexually discriminate against men with long hair. "Take your job, and SHOVE IT!" So anyway, don't worry about other people, do what you want!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic