Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baylage Not Just For Blondes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GaleGilman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGilman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baylage Not Just For Blondes
    Posted: March 06 2013 at 7:06pm
Baylage Not Just For Blondes

Most people think balayage or free form painted hair highlights is just for blondes.  Not true. 

Although balayage because popular due to Jennifer Aniston and Sarah Jessica Parker, redheads and brunettes can also benefit from the hair coloring technique. 

Ideally balayage should be left to the experts since it is a fairly technical hair coloring treatment.

The Huff Post recently spotlighted Sharon Dorram colorist CK Karkhanis who is known for her reddish-orange hair color.  Karkhanis works at Dorram's Sally Hershberger Salon in New York. 

Karkhanis told the HuffPost the secret to her stunning reddish-orange hair hue was very "subtle highlights" which is achieved with balayage.

She confessed the hair color treatment gave her hair dimension, movement and amazing color which she creates with a reddish gloss glazing process. 

She told the Huffington Post she relies on Kerastase's Chroma Riche line and really likes the booster serum because of it's magical conditioning properties.  Karkhanis told the HuffPost that conditioning red hair keeps it shiny and hydrated.

This is very important because red hair color fades faster than any other color. 

What do you think?  Would you have balayage done to your hair if it's not blonde?  Have you had it done?  Did you like it or not?

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 06 2013 at 7:24pm
LJWolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 8:02pm
I've done it and I liked it. I used a youtube video that was very helpful. I sectioned my hair off and painted strips of bleach on each side and one section (thin) down the middle of the 3-4 inch sections in the back. It was a great look @ the time.
LJ Wolf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic