Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapunzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Long Hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
Hi! I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 130, with blue eyes and floor-length, straight, dark brown hair. Three inches of my hair drags on the ground. I always wear my hair down, because that is the way God intended us to wear it, completely natural. I never touch my hair with my hands except when washing and combing it. This keeps me from increasing the natural oil secretions which make the hair lustrous and shiny. I part it in the middle and it falls close to my face. It usually rests naturally in two large masses, one on each side of my body, because it is too thick and abundant to stay on my shoulders. My hair is quite thick, and all one length in the back. It grows very quickly, about 12 inches a year, and I last had it cut about 5 years ago (Dec 28 '94). Then it was to the middle of my back.My sister is Jayne Latondress, who has been posting here for a while and also has long hair. I am married, since June of '95, to a great guy named Dave, and we live, with my sister Jayne, her husband Mike Latondress, and my brother John Jackson in a 3-bedroom house here in London, Ontario, Canada.My typical day starts at 7:00 AM, when I get up and take a shower. It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to wash my hair and almost 6 hours to dry. I never blow-dry my hair, always air-dry. The worst days for me are those when it is windy. I am sometimes blinded by swirling hair which completely obscures my vision. Often I try to walk in such a direction so that my hair mostly blows out behind me, but that isn't always possible. Walking, now that's another problem. I have to be careful not to step on the ends of my hair. This does happen occasionally, but less and less often as I learn to manage better the nuances of long hair.I am a kind, considerate person with a big heart. I'm a naturally shy and quiet person who enjoys spending quiet time at home in front of the TV or listening to music. My favourite kinds are country and oldies, but anything is OK. I live in Ontario, so it's not the biggest country music hotbed. I also like all sports, but my favourite is baseball. I played organized baseball until I was 19. I was a shortstop. I like to watch NASCAR racing on TV. My favourite driver is Darrell Waltrip. I enjoy playing golf and swimming in the summertime. I'm not a very good golfer, but I do hit the ball straight, just not very far. I make up for it with my short game. My score is usually around 110. Anyone who is interested in chatting, I'd be interested in chatting with you about my hair. All the best.RapunzelCrystal Johnson
Richard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
> Hi! I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 130, with blue eyes> and floor-length, straight, dark brown hair. Three> inches of my hair drags on the ground. I always wear> my hair down, because that is the way God intended us> to wear it, completely natural. I never touch my hair> with my hands except when washing and combing it. This> keeps me from increasing the natural oil secretions> which make the hair lustrous and shiny. I part it in> the middle and it falls close to my face. It usually> rests naturally in two large masses, one on each side> of my body, because it is too thick and abundant to> stay on my shoulders. My hair is quite thick, and all> one length in the back. It grows very quickly, about> 12 inches a year, and I last had it cut about 5 years> ago (Dec 28 '94). Then it was to the middle of my> back.> My sister is Jayne Latondress, who has been posting> here for a while and also has long hair. I am married,> since June of '95, to a great guy named Dave, and we> live, with my sister Jayne, her husband Mike> Latondress, and my brother John Jackson in a 3-bedroom> house here in London, Ontario, Canada.> My typical day starts at 7:00 AM, when I get up and> take a shower. It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to> wash my hair and almost 6 hours to dry. I never> blow-dry my hair, always air-dry. The worst days for> me are those when it is windy. I am sometimes blinded> by swirling hair which completely obscures my vision.> Often I try to walk in such a direction so that my> hair mostly blows out behind me, but that isn't always> possible. Walking, now that's another problem. I have> to be careful not to step on the ends of my hair. This> does happen occasionally, but less and less often as I> learn to manage better the nuances of long hair.> I am a kind, considerate person with a big heart. I'm> a naturally shy and quiet person who enjoys spending> quiet time at home in front of the TV or listening to> music. My favourite kinds are country and oldies, but> anything is OK. I live in Ontario, so it's not the> biggest country music hotbed. I also like all sports,> but my favourite is baseball. I played organized> baseball until I was 19. I was a shortstop. I like to> watch NASCAR racing on TV. My favourite driver is> Darrell Waltrip. I enjoy playing golf and swimming in> the summertime. I'm not a very good golfer, but I do> hit the ball straight, just not very far. I make up> for it with my short game. My score is usually around> 110. Anyone who is interested in chatting, I'd be> interested in chatting with you about my hair. All the> best.> RapunzelPlease send me your e-mail address and lets get talking.> Crystal Johnson
peewee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peewee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
> Hi! I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 130, with blue eyes> and floor-length, straight, dark brown hair. Three> inches of my hair drags on the ground. I always wear> my hair down, because that is the way God intended us> to wear it, completely natural. I never touch my hair> with my hands except when washing and combing it. This> keeps me from increasing the natural oil secretions> which make the hair lustrous and shiny. I part it in> the middle and it falls close to my face. It usually> rests naturally in two large masses, one on each side> of my body, because it is too thick and abundant to> stay on my shoulders. My hair is quite thick, and all> one length in the back. It grows very quickly, about> 12 inches a year, and I last had it cut about 5 years> ago (Dec 28 '94). Then it was to the middle of my> back.> My sister is Jayne Latondress, who has been posting> here for a while and also has long hair. I am married,> since June of '95, to a great guy named Dave, and we> live, with my sister Jayne, her husband Mike> Latondress, and my brother John Jackson in a 3-bedroom> house here in London, Ontario, Canada.> My typical day starts at 7:00 AM, when I get up and> take a shower. It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to> wash my hair and almost 6 hours to dry. I never> blow-dry my hair, always air-dry. The worst days for> me are those when it is windy. I am sometimes blinded> by swirling hair which completely obscures my vision.> Often I try to walk in such a direction so that my> hair mostly blows out behind me, but that isn't always> possible. Walking, now that's another problem. I have> to be careful not to step on the ends of my hair. This> does happen occasionally, but less and less often as I> learn to manage better the nuances of long hair.> I am a kind, considerate person with a big heart. I'm> a naturally shy and quiet person who enjoys spending> quiet time at home in front of the TV or listening to> music. My favourite kinds are country and oldies, but> anything is OK. I live in Ontario, so it's not the> biggest country music hotbed. I also like all sports,> but my favourite is baseball. I played organized> baseball until I was 19. I was a shortstop. I like to> watch NASCAR racing on TV. My favourite driver is> Darrell Waltrip. I enjoy playing golf and swimming in> the summertime. I'm not a very good golfer, but I do> hit the ball straight, just not very far. I make up> for it with my short game. My score is usually around> 110. Anyone who is interested in chatting, I'd be> interested in chatting with you about my hair. All the> best.> Rapunzel> Crystal Johnson
peewee
Rapunzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
Sounds like old PeeWee there is on a huge gimp. If PeeWee doesn't believe me, that's fine. I'm not going to let him ruin an enjoyable web site for me. Happy New Year!RapunzelCrystal Johnson
Pete View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
>Hi Crystal,I love the idea of hair that length, especially if it's thick and shiny. When you go swimming do you tie it up or wear it down, I think hair like that would look lovely just left flowing. Now I know it would be a bit of a pain if you didn't tie it up but as you said, it should be left as natural as possible. Please click on my email link on this messsage as I'd like to chat with just a little more please.Pete.Hi! I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 130, with blue eyes> and floor-length, straight, dark brown hair. Three> inches of my hair drags on the ground. I always wear> my hair down, because that is the way God intended us> to wear it, completely natural. I never touch my hair> with my hands except when washing and combing it. This> keeps me from increasing the natural oil secretions> which make the hair lustrous and shiny. I part it in> the middle and it falls close to my face. It usually> rests naturally in two large masses, one on each side> of my body, because it is too thick and abundant to> stay on my shoulders. My hair is quite thick, and all> one length in the back. It grows very quickly, about> 12 inches a year, and I last had it cut about 5 years> ago (Dec 28 '94). Then it was to the middle of my> back.> My sister is Jayne Latondress, who has been posting> here for a while and also has long hair. I am married,> since June of '95, to a great guy named Dave, and we> live, with my sister Jayne, her husband Mike> Latondress, and my brother John Jackson in a 3-bedroom> house here in London, Ontario, Canada.> My typical day starts at 7:00 AM, when I get up and> take a shower. It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to> wash my hair and almost 6 hours to dry. I never> blow-dry my hair, always air-dry. The worst days for> me are those when it is windy. I am sometimes blinded> by swirling hair which completely obscures my vision.> Often I try to walk in such a direction so that my> hair mostly blows out behind me, but that isn't always> possible. Walking, now that's another problem. I have> to be careful not to step on the ends of my hair. This> does happen occasionally, but less and less often as I> learn to manage better the nuances of long hair.> I am a kind, considerate person with a big heart. I'm> a naturally shy and quiet person who enjoys spending> quiet time at home in front of the TV or listening to> music. My favourite kinds are country and oldies, but> anything is OK. I live in Ontario, so it's not the> biggest country music hotbed. I also like all sports,> but my favourite is baseball. I played organized> baseball until I was 19. I was a shortstop. I like to> watch NASCAR racing on TV. My favourite driver is> Darrell Waltrip. I enjoy playing golf and swimming in> the summertime. I'm not a very good golfer, but I do> hit the ball straight, just not very far. I make up> for it with my short game. My score is usually around> 110. Anyone who is interested in chatting, I'd be> interested in chatting with you about my hair. All the> best.> Rapunzel> Crystal Johnson
peewee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peewee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
Your "sister" was looking for a boyfriend and now she's already married? Come on....Few advices:-Try to picture yourself and keep the image intact.Do not change it everyweek.Be creative and at least REALISTIC.(Named Crystal and floor length hair......sorry but it already been used by some famous singer)-Take notes(family,job,etc) and STICK TO IT.Two more(optionnal)-Get yourself an e-mail address.There's a lot of way to get one(Hotmail,Yahoo,Excite.etc...)Then nobody could use your identity.-Post a proof.Plenty way to do so(TLHS,Yahoo club,Excite communities,LongHairLovers site,etc)That way we might get more "fun"...
peewee
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:59pm
> Hi! I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 130, with blue eyes> and floor-length, straight, dark brown hair. Three> inches of my hair drags on the ground. I always wear> my hair down, because that is the way God intended us> to wear it, completely natural. I never touch my hair> with my hands except when washing and combing it. This> keeps me from increasing the natural oil secretions> which make the hair lustrous and shiny. I part it in> the middle and it falls close to my face. It usually> rests naturally in two large masses, one on each side> of my body, because it is too thick and abundant to> stay on my shoulders. My hair is quite thick, and all> one length in the back. It grows very quickly, about> 12 inches a year, and I last had it cut about 5 years> ago (Dec 28 '94). Then it was to the middle of my> back.> My sister is Jayne Latondress, who has been posting> here for a while and also has long hair. I am married,> since June of '95, to a great guy named Dave, and we> live, with my sister Jayne, her husband Mike> Latondress, and my brother John Jackson in a 3-bedroom> house here in London, Ontario, Canada.> My typical day starts at 7:00 AM, when I get up and> take a shower. It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to> wash my hair and almost 6 hours to dry. I never> blow-dry my hair, always air-dry. The worst days for> me are those when it is windy. I am sometimes blinded> by swirling hair which completely obscures my vision.> Often I try to walk in such a direction so that my> hair mostly blows out behind me, but that isn't always> possible. Walking, now that's another problem. I have> to be careful not to step on the ends of my hair. This> does happen occasionally, but less and less often as I> learn to manage better the nuances of long hair.> I am a kind, considerate person with a big heart. I'm> a naturally shy and quiet person who enjoys spending> quiet time at home in front of the TV or listening to> music. My favourite kinds are country and oldies, but> anything is OK. I live in Ontario, so it's not the> biggest country music hotbed. I also like all sports,> but my favourite is baseball. I played organized> baseball until I was 19. I was a shortstop. I like to> watch NASCAR racing on TV. My favourite driver is> Darrell Waltrip. I enjoy playing golf and swimming in> the summertime. I'm not a very good golfer, but I do> hit the ball straight, just not very far. I make up> for it with my short game. My score is usually around> 110. Anyone who is interested in chatting, I'd be> interested in chatting with you about my hair. All the> best.> Rapunzel> Crystal JohnsonCrystal:I'm a hairdresser who specializes in long hair, my interests are much the same as your's sports,music, etc.would love to chat with you.Dave
David M Squires
Pilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2000 at 12:34pm
Hi Rapunzel,

My name is Nick and would love to chat with you about your long hair. Not a lot of guys are with long haired ladies, and those that are, are lucky. I am currently trying to persuade my girlfriend to grow her hair out. It is a few inches past her shoulders and she said she would grow it to the bottom of her rear end for me. Hopefully I can get her to grow it as long as yours. She has told me that when she had long hair it gave her headaches, causing her to cut it. Do you experience headaches from your long hair? Just curious. Thanks. My email is uapilot1@hotmail.com if you care to email. Thank you.

Nick
gsclev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsclev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2000 at 8:08pm
Hi - I own a long hair salon in California. If you are close, drop a line and myself or my partner, Jessie, can help you with questions. Hopefully, we hear from you butotherwise kep it growing and good luck.
seam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2000 at 9:19am
Hi,

Your hair sounds incredible. Thats a lot of work. I live in Toronto and I would love to chat with you about your hair.
seam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2000 at 9:21am
Hi,

Your hair sounds incredible. I would love to chat with you about it. I live in Toronto.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic