Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Humidity Hates Me! Please Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Patti View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humidity Hates Me! Please Help!
    Posted: April 03 2000 at 2:41pm
My hair is naturally wavy frizzy. I blow dry it straight. It's nice and flat and smooth until I go out on humid days. Then it turns into a cotton ugly mess. Are there any products out there to prevent humidity from doing this to my hair? Please help. Thanks
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2000 at 8:37am
Patti,
I know the feeling. I'm a guy with naturally wavy hair that is cut into a bob just below my ears. I also blow my hair straight everyday. On very humid or rainy days I cringe at the thought of going out the door because I know that I will get "the kinks". I try to fight it using Redken One 2 One straightening balm. I works pretty well for me but it doesn't keep it completely straight on the rainy/humid days. Recently I have been trying a little different approach that seems to help. After blowing my hair straight and brushing it out I brush it the way that I want it and coat my entire head with a thin coating of Jheri Redding flexible hold hair spray (I like this spray because it holds well but isn't sticky and heavy). I leave my hair that way while I dress to give it time to set in. If it is just humid I will brush my hair out one more time before I leave. If it is raining I usually wait until I get to work to brush it out again. Anyway, after brushing my hair is usually very nice and the coating of spray seems to help lock out moisture from getting into my hair. You might try it. It might not work for everyone but you will never know until you try. Hope this helps.
Kathy, BCH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy, BCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 7:56am
Have you tried an anti-humectant? Framisi makes it in several forms - great product! Add it to your program. Kathy, BCH
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2001 at 5:50pm
Reply to message: 4.1715.1
Where can I find Framisi? Thanks.
robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2001 at 12:08pm
Reply to message: 4.1317.1
girl,,,,I totally understand what you are going through. I blowdry, and straighten my hair and it always looks really good,,,but on those humid days I dread going outside. All my friends think that I am crazy..but they dont understand. I am known as the girl who wont go out on rainy days. I hate to have that wavy frizzy hair,, and I just want to cut it off some days
Gwenabee18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwenabee18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2001 at 12:54pm
Hey Patti
I know exactly how you feel. My hair was permed once...ugh!...but it`s naturally straight. Now the perm is gone my hair could be the biggest mess when it rained or was just humid and hot. I tried a lot of stuff and Dep Level 5 Flexible Hold works soooooo good! I got mine really cheap at Wal-Mart, about $5. They have decent sized bottles too, I had some pretty long hair when I started using it and the bottle didn`t run out for like a year. You don`t have to use all that much to get it to work (one tip I have is: Don`t use to much unless you wanna look and feel like a sticky oil slick has landed on your head!). I really recommend any Dep product (Can you tell I love them or what?!? ) They have stuff to make your hair shiny(#4), volumizing & humidity proof(#5, what I told you about), moisturizing(#6), shaping (#7), and texturizing(#8 ). Try it, what d`ya got to lose?

PS: (Sorry to sound like a commercial!! )
No Doubtly Yours,
Gwenabee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic