Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women who prefer short hair - a survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women who prefer short hair - a survey
    Posted: May 20 2000 at 4:18pm
I am conducting a survey into the reasons why women should prefer to wear their hair cropped, when there is little historical precedent for this. Reasons I have unearthed thus far are, in no particular order: 1) I can't be bothered, short is easier to manage 2) I like to shock 3) I feel too old for long hair 4) I'm gay and this is my image 5) I go to a men's hairdresser because it's cheaper 6) It says, "Don't mess with me" 7) It shows off my cheekbones 8) I like to be different 9) I feel sexier 10) I'm making a statement. I'm interested to know which of the above reasons is prevalent, what statement are you making and any other reasons not included above
phil
redsage View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2000 at 12:34am
Okay. I agree with numbers 1,2,8 and 9. But mostly I have my ahir short because it's regular pain in the arse to have long. It takes too long to tend to and it's too hot in the summer.
Taiki_Kou View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiki_Kou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2000 at 11:55pm
Oh, I've got lots of reasons to prefer short :-) . Going through your list, I agree with numbers 1 and 9 most of all. My biggest reason, though, is because I just totally am against long hair. It tends to look too flat, stringy, and lifeless on most people. I don't see what's supposed to be pretty or sexy about it at all. I prefer myself and most other women if their hair is _very_ short, like boy-short or shorter. I actually don't consider longer than boy-short to be really short, but it looks fine on some people. Anything below the shoulders tends to look bad on anyone, I think, and much longer than that will make me actually feel nauseated. If I had to say my reasons for feeling this way, I would think it's because growing up I was always forced to have very long hair and learned to be disgusted by it at a fairly early age. I learned to hate long hair, dresses, and many other girly things from the way I grew up, so now I rather rebel against girliness in any form, if that makes any sense to you.
bobbedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2000 at 9:08am
I like girls with short hair. Many girls look great with the boy short styles but I personally prefer chin length to ear length bobs. I am a guy and I was always forced to have short boy cuts so I am rebelling against that. I have my hair cut in a bob just below my ears with bangs. It's girly but I love the versatility and movement of it and I think that it looks good.
westl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2000 at 4:47pm
It is easier to manage. I think it is more stylish than long hair. I don't have the patience for long hair.
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2000 at 3:16pm
i love me short hair! it is eazy to care for and dont have to spend alday on it!
Jazz
Leeloo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2000 at 7:03pm
I have a short pixie cut. I absolutely adore it. I like to be different, it shows off my neck and cheek bones. It's fresh and new and sexy. It's easy to care for. I think short hair looks great on everybody. I feel confident with my hair this short. There are so many things to do with it. It's just a great style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic