Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to short hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to short hair?
    Posted: March 13 2013 at 6:03am
Here in Northern New York State I can go weeks at a time without seeing a woman with hair shorter than two-three inches. For the past two weeks I have been in Syracuse, and have yet to see what I consider anything approaching really short hair. Granted, it is still winter and women may be reluctant to go super short when the wind will freeze your neck and ears, but usually you will still see short styles regardless of the weather. In my hometown I know a few women who have kept their hair very short for years, and even they are growing it out. What is going on? Plenty of celebs are sporting very short cuts: Robin Wright, Miley Cyrus, Charlize Theron...etc. Has short har fallen out of style?

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 5:05pm
X Man
I still see many with short hair. My wife just has hers cut short again afetr try to grow it a tad, just enough to be over the ears and on the collar for winter. We had just gone to put an offer on another house and the realator like her hair soo much she went the same day for the same cut. I don't think it's lost just alot of women are in transition stages or like you stated it's winter! As you are aware some will never give up their locks and that is their choice, but those who have in the past I am sure will try it again. There will be those who will copy the styles of the stars I am sure. being in NEPA it to is cold but they do sell scarfs as my wife said after she got hers cut.
 Any view's upon this?
Mike
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2013 at 5:28pm
Mike, My wife has been on the grow for over a year now, with no indication she wants to go short again. My only hope is I know she is fickle when it comes to her hair. You never know what she may decide.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2013 at 8:51am

X man I have to agree with you on that count. I have cut my wife hair in the past, but over the last year  her fiend took over the cutting I must say she did cut it nice. She never cut the back to short nor the top. Prior to that she (wife) always had her nape buzzed with a #2 or #3 and a tad around the ears. I will say it looks good either way. But I had told her that her hair lost it's pizaz and looked just BLAH. There was nothing that made it stand out from any other short haircut just that it was short. So be it. Well she took the hint and had asked me to cut it short again. 

Bottom line is that I love short hair on a her but it's her decision to do as she wish's. I will let her know when her hair looks nice. She has gotton more compliments on her hair very short than when it was longer, so I hope she's keepin' it short . I do not believe the short styles have gone away just that some are in transition or just changing it up a bit.

By the way good topic for discusion
Mike

Edited by mikecuts - March 16 2013 at 8:54am
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 2:46pm
I guess this topic isn't as good as either you or I thought Mike. Not much input from anyone else. Today at Walmart I saw a lady I hadn't seen in a couple of years, she had always had short hair, and today it was shorter than ever. She told me she hadn't had her hair cut in some time because her stylist was out on maternity leave. When her stylist returned to work her hair had gotten quite long, well she took care of that.Her nape was tapered very close, like #0 at the bottom, and even very short over the ears. She looked fabulous with this style. That was the first really short haircut I have seen on a woman in at least 4-5 months. Like I said, this area is a wasteland for short hair lovers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic