Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
faithnichole11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faithnichole11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help please
    Posted: April 01 2013 at 2:47am
hi i am in need of some advice. my hair is naturally a as people would like to call it a dirty blonde color. i dyed it a really light color like a barbie doll blonde color. would it hurt to dye it back to a dark blonde/light brown color?

Edited by faithnichole11 - April 01 2013 at 2:47am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 2:48pm
It will get more damaged each time you dye it, but people can usually go light, then dark blonde without too much trouble. You will probably want semi-permanent (less damage from weaker peroxide, and permanent doesn't usually last on very lightened hair anyway, it will probably fade and you'll have to re-do on occasion until it grows out.)

I will add, if you had light blond a long time and you pulled it through all of your hair each time you did your roots, it might be quite damaged. If you are worried about too much damage, its best to do a test strand first.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
faithnichole11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faithnichole11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 3:20am
thanks :) i went through with it. it turned almost the color i wanted but on the ends it has a pink hue to it and the rest has a purple hue to it. It looks different but i like it.you cant tell unless you either know about it or if you stare at it.  Im going to wait a few weeks and do another treatment on it until i gradually have the color i want. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic