Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair isn't quite platinum... help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ethanbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethanbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair isn't quite platinum... help!
    Posted: April 02 2013 at 1:37pm
hi guys... first time poster and i need some help!

my natural color is a dark brown and last tonight & today i used a store-bought bleach and a purple toner in an attempt to lighten to platinum blonde again.

now, my hair is pretty damn blonde, i'd say maybe a shade or two darker than platinum, with a goldish tone to it, though the purple toner took a lot of that out. i want to lighten to platinum, but i'm not sure how best to do it. it seems like the purple toner i got (clairol) didn't really help too much (used it with a 20 V developer). it took a lot of the brassiness and yellow out, but it still has a light gold hue and is not nearly a whitish/platinum yet.

i have another permanent haircolor i purchased from loreal technique called "preference mega blondes" in "lightest ivory blonde" shade with a blue and gold base. would it make sense to use this with the corresponding developer to lighten my hair to a finally platinum shade, or should i try something else? i'd appreciate any tips!!!
ethanbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethanbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 1:51pm
http://tinypic.com/r/ds5m8/6

This is a pic of my hair currently
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic