Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Young male with dry curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heatening View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heatening Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young male with dry curly hair
    Posted: July 24 2013 at 10:57am
Hi, in the past years my hair has become curlier and curlier... And drier and more coarse with that.

It seems as if there's nothing I can do, I wash my hair with shampoo only once a week and every other day when I wet my hair in the shower (i've heard doing it every day dries your hair even more) I use conditioner.

The products I've been using are TRESemmé nourishing moisture shampoo & TRESemmé keratin restoring conditioner.

I've resorted to cutting my hair very short every two months although I'd prefer at least trying to grow longer hair, since my head shape isn't great for short hair.

I've attached a few pics of my hair to give you an idea what it looks like:

Now, this is my hair at its absolute worst, immediately before I cut it short again. I had been using shampoo every other day to keep my hair clean but the result wasn't very good looking, frankly I've seen hobos with better hair:

Here's a more recent picture, it's not as bad but still not exactly charming:

Aand here's another one. Again, looks quite dead and horrific. Needless to say it was a time for barber again:

To give you slight relief, I have to tell you that I have not let my hair grow longer than in the following picture in a long time since I always end up looking like a homeless person.

Any advice would be much appreciated, my father had curly hair like me in his youth but it was nowhere near this bad. What the hell should I do?

PS:

Also the hair above my forehead usually tends to dry up and die the worst - i end up with a tuft of hair that is impossible to condition and I cannot shape it at all. You can't see it in the pictures though.

Oh, and I hope my hair gave some of you a good laugh

Edited by heatening - July 24 2013 at 11:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic