Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Argan Oil for hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Argan Oil for hair
    Posted: July 28 2013 at 10:42am
I am wondering how many people have tried argan oil in the hair (or eve on the skin). It has been recommended for everything such as an eyelash serum, hair treatment, body moisturizer...the lot.

I am wondering who has tried it and what the results have been for you?

I also read a warning to be careful where you buy argan oil from. They say it is a very rare oil and that its distribution is well controlled and to only buy from a reputable supplier or risk getting fake oil.

So, if anyone has used the oil, where did you get it?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2013 at 5:51am
Hi Amanda,

Sadly counterfeiting is rampant in the hair and beauty industry.  Famed hot tool and product maker Farouk has been taking legal action against imported products which look identical to the Farouk tools and products but are 100% not Farouk.  The Houston based company won a massive lawsuit against Costco for selling the counterfeited products.

The same is true in the oil industry now.  Because oils are so much in demand, companies...especially overseas.....are now counterfeiting. 

So yes...be extremely careful of buying any type of oils.  If it sounds too good to be true it is. 

At Hairboutique.com we are often contacted from overseas offered some of the high end products we've been selling for more than 10 years for very low low prices.  When we contact our legit manufacturer, they tell us that they have no knowledge of these distributors and indeed, they are manufacturing and selling counterfeiter hair products.

Always buy from a trusted distributor and/or manufacturer.  Always make sure you can return products and get a store credit and/or money back comparable option.

Yes, the hair and beauty world can be dangerous in terms of some products which are being offered.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
teresimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teresimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 2:56am
< ="text/">Howdy Amanda! Yep. You heard it right. Argan oil is good for both skin and hair, but since they're really rare and expensive, you need to be careful in choosing argan oil. If a manufacturer is selling it cheap, you need to think twice before buying one from them. Most of them only use low concentrations of argan oil and mix it up with other oils and chemicals such as silicone. Real argan oil are often packaged in small and dark bottles, and they don't come in cheap because the process of extracting argan oil is really costly expensive. I've used one one called Pro Naturals Hair Repair system moroccan argan oil and I could tell it's got high concentrations of argan oil. A really amazing product. It's not greasy, and you only need to put a few drops on towel-dried hair. I found it online. And while the price is a bit steep, it was worth it.

Edited by teresimpson - April 30 2014 at 2:57am
bebeautyashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeautyashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2015 at 6:26pm
I am obsessed with argan oil!!! But like you already said, you need to make sure the oil is pure and trustworthy. There are waaay too many brands out there who mix up their oil with other ingredients to cut their costs and charge you more $. I love ISA Professional's EVAO (Extra Virgin Argan Oil)!! It's USDA organic, fair trade (which is hard to find in most products), and not tested on animals. It dries quickly and has almost no odor, it has left my hair and skin soft and healthy. I apply it before going to sleep on my face and on my flat ironed hair to control fly aways and add shine. I highly recommend it, the small bottle lasts a good amount of time and I use it daily, let me know if you love it like I do :)
mariad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 8:49am
How much of this oil do you apply on the hair? I would like to try it but I'm afraid my hair will be greasy.
bebeautyashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeautyashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2015 at 6:59pm
I have super long hair so I need more EVAO than most. Depending on your hair length, you should use about a half dropper for your whole head. Don't apply on the roots since this will give you a greasy look,  start applying from the ears, down, and comb it through to get it on evenly. I use a full dropper on my whole head (I have hair up to my waist), so that should give you an idea.  Hope I helped!
peterfarrell22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterfarrell22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 4:11am
Thanks for sharing this great information about using argan oil for hair. I really liked the tips mentioned in this topic. I will be definitely trying this on my hair.
<a href="http://www.mybeautygym.com/">My Beauty Gym</a>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic