Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hydrogen peroxide disaster- HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydrogen peroxide disaster- HELP!
    Posted: September 04 2013 at 11:50pm
I committed the cardinal sin and used 3% hydrogen peroxide from my bathroom cabinet to lighten my hair and now it's a funky gross fake orangey pinkish freaky color. Help!

I mixed it with water 50/50. The ends of my hair got sun bleached and I thought I would use the mixture to lighten the rest of my hair. My hair naturally is light brown with some red undertones. Texture of my hair is fine like babies'.

Believe it or not this is the first time I put chemicals in my hair. My hair has been virgin until now. I applied the mixture to dry hair and then blow dried it and washed it about 6 hours after. This was yesterday and I feel like it keeps changing colors even though I didn't apply more.

How do I get my hair back to my natural color? Will my hair break off if I color it? Should I consider using a drabber? How is that used? What do I need to do to take the orangey pinkish color out? Please help! My hairstylist is out of the county and cannot help until next week. I can't even get in touch with her. Thanks in advance for your expert opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic