Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eating habits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eating habits
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:20pm
Please help me find out causes for my hair loss. I am 27 now and in the past year or two I noticed more than usual hair loss, perhaps because my roommates kept talking about it more and more since one of them is experiencing it. I used to not worry and therefore not pay attention. But it changed and I am not sure if the amount of hair loss is normal or not. My family tells me I look the same but I notice differences from earlier pictures.I notice that the front is thinning out. I see alot of hair loss in the morning during the shower and when I comb the hair. I try to not massage the scalp because I am afraid so I put shampoo on carefully and rinse it off with only the shower spray. After the rinse, even if I just put my hand on my head and slide it, many strands stick to my hand. I try to not comb hard, but when the hair is dry, lots of hair comes off on the comb. I've counted from 70 to 100 hair strand losses every morning and who knows how much exactly falls while I am showering and the rest of the day. In the morning and during the day, I can easily see the hair in my head that has already come off and I just take it and trash it.My hair has always been extremely oily so I need to shampoo every morning to feel comfortable. In the last four years, because I am a financial consultant, I don't eat very well. What I mean is that I skip meals and my meals are not always with all nutrients. I am not a picky eater at all. But I am a lazy cook and rather pass a meal.I would appreciate any suggestions because it deeply worries me. I am currently taking homeopathic medicine that doesn't seem to be doing much. Thank you.
andre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:20pm
I had a physical examination in the last 6 months and passed it with excellent marks. What could it be?
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:20pm
> Please help me find out causes for my hair loss. I am> 27 now and in the past year or two I noticed more than> usual hair loss, perhaps because my roommates kept> talking about it more and more since one of them is> experiencing it. I used to not worry and therefore not> pay attention. But it changed and I am not sure if the> amount of hair loss is normal or not. My family tells> me I look the same but I notice differences from> earlier pictures.> I notice that the front is thinning out. I see alot of> hair loss in the morning during the shower and when I> comb the hair. I try to not massage the scalp because> I am afraid so I put shampoo on carefully and rinse it> off with only the shower spray. After the rinse, even> if I just put my hand on my head and slide it, many> strands stick to my hand. I try to not comb hard, but> when the hair is dry, lots of hair comes off on the> comb. I've counted from 70 to 100 hair strand losses> every morning and who knows how much exactly falls> while I am showering and the rest of the day. In the> morning and during the day, I can easily see the hair> in my head that has already come off and I just take> it and trash it.> My hair has always been extremely oily so I need to> shampoo every morning to feel comfortable. In the last> four years, because I am a financial consultant, I> don't eat very well. What I mean is that I skip meals> and my meals are not always with all nutrients. I am> not a picky eater at all. But I am a lazy cook and> rather pass a meal.> I would appreciate any suggestions because it deeply> worries me. I am currently taking homeopathic medicine> that doesn't seem to be doing much. Thank you.Andre,Your hair is only as healthy as your overall health. If you don't take care of your self your hair won't fare any better. Another factor could be stress. One the biggest hair loss factors is stress. You need to sit back and examine your life. What are the things that you can do to improve your overall health? Are you under too much stress? Etc...Of course this could be male pattern baldness and in that case you just may be destined to loss your hair. You might want to consider trying Propecia (ask your doctor about it).Just some thoughts...Jeff.
xoom!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic