Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Out of control hair!!! Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jaqilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaqilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out of control hair!!! Help
    Posted: January 09 2014 at 4:40pm
My hair is so out of control in its natural state that I won't let anybody see it. It is "curly" but actually completely covered in frizz, and really thick. If I brush it it turns into a huge frizz Afro. I straighten my hair every other day and at least twice to tame it. It takes forever and i just don't have all the time always! I don't want to use curl products to tame any curls that might be left because I hate the stickiness and my hair soaks up product so quick I'd have to use 3 bottles a day. I prefer straighter hair. I've been reading about different treatments and wonder if anyone else out there with my misfortune might know if anything will actually work for me. I'm getting desperate!!
TiffanyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiffanyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2014 at 6:20pm
I had the exact same problem.  Exactly--I could have written your post.  Last spring I used Uncurly and I've done it two more times since.  It totally changed my life.  I could actually wear it curly if I wanted which I could never do before because of the extreme, crazy frizz and the weird curl pattern.  I don't naturally have the "cute" kind of curly people want but it looks pretty good now if I air dry it. 

However, I mostly wear it straight and I can now do that in 10 minutes if I blow dry (vs. 40 in the past) and then I flat iron for about 3 minutes.  No product. And that lasts me for about 6 days.  I touch it up a little in the morning, but that's like 3-4 minutes.  No frizz at all, and I live in Louisiana which is total frizz country all year round.  So yes, there is hope.  My hair doesn't look good--It looks great, which I never thought I would say.  And it made it feel soft instead of scratchy/rough and that's without any product, just a cheap rinse out conditioner after shampooing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic