Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afraid to lose more hair due to haircut!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
barbara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afraid to lose more hair due to haircut!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:21pm
My whole crown was cut into the shape of a ball. As my hair grows it won't lay down. I have various layers that seem to want to meet each other around my occipital area. I have a long head shape. I now am faced with heavy sides and what appears to be a flap on the left side of my crown. As I try to comb it down my hair keeps wanting to come to a point on the left side. I believe I was basically left with a cowlick for my left side. My hair keeps funneling back on my head as I try to make it fit my crown.My question is since my occipital area was cut into a ball which is frightening, my hair around that area of my head is my weakest and yet my whole crown is focused on that area I don't know how to get thru this nightmare. No hairdressers will touch my crown, they are just trying to shape the hair on the bottom. I basically have heavy sides which don't curl but lay clumped together, especially the left side. The left back hair was cut into short little layers which cling to my head. My crown just does not curl, however, my whole crown and what back I have was cut into tons of layers. None of the layers come together. What can I do so I don't have to keep combing down these layers. I am afraid I will end up with no crown at all if I must keep working that hair. Can anyone help? (I have been experiencing this nightmare now for 22 months. It just keeps getting scarier and scarier. Thanks.
Arlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
It sounds to me like you need to go to a different stylistnext time. I don't know what kind of style you wanted, butit seems like the stylist was playing a joke on you. Youmay just have to let it all grow out and start over. In themean time, it will have to be cut every so often to eventhings out. I will show your message to my daughter and heremployer who are beauticians and see what they say. Willcontact you later.> My whole crown was cut into the shape of a ball. As my> hair grows it won't lay down. I have various layers> that seem to want to meet each other around my> occipital area. I have a long head shape. I now am> faced with heavy sides and what appears to be a flap> on the left side of my crown. As I try to comb it down> my hair keeps wanting to come to a point on the left> side. I believe I was basically left with a cowlick> for my left side. My hair keeps funneling back on my> head as I try to make it fit my crown.> My question is since my occipital area was cut into a> ball which is frightening, my hair around that area of> my head is my weakest and yet my whole crown is> focused on that area I don't know how to get thru this> nightmare. No hairdressers will touch my crown, they> are just trying to shape the hair on the bottom. I> basically have heavy sides which don't curl but lay> clumped together, especially the left side. The left> back hair was cut into short little layers which cling> to my head. My crown just does not curl, however, my> whole crown and what back I have was cut into tons of> layers. None of the layers come together. What can I> do so I don't have to keep combing down these layers.> I am afraid I will end up with no crown at all if I> must keep working that hair. Can anyone help? (I have> been experiencing this nightmare now for 22 months. It> just keeps getting scarier and scarier. Thanks.
barbara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
Arlene,I appreciate your reply. Haven't been to the Hair Boutique site for a while. I don't have enough hair on my head to to get another style. I too believe she was playing a joke on me. It is truly unbelievable what she has done.As my hair trys to grow out of this shape, it just can't. The top left side of my cranium consists of just a few little layers stuck together and it ends there. She literally cut my crown, back and left side into the shape of a ball. I have an oval head. She layered my occipitalarea all by itself into little circles. She just removed the core of my whole crown and back. The sides are her own invention. The back of my head on the left side (the side that doesn't curl has been razored off into little pieces which she calls curls) I know I will have to shave as the law of gravity won't ever permit my hair to grow out and lay down properly on my head. My right side is quite long and lays properly on my head. My left side and back are basically history. I realistically do not see a way out of this ball formation she created on the very top of my occipital. I have never had my crown and back chewed off like this. I am literally layered into a point and wings with no back. I appreciate your reply. If you do get any feedback I would appreciate it as it is just a matter of time before I get radical and shave it off. I am too frightened to go on this way and I am truly frightened to shave. But in order to get out of this hair hell, I think that is my only choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic