Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I´m losing my hair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jessy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I´m losing my hair!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
I´m 20 years old and my father is bald and I have so few hair and also it falls too much. I´ve tried everything but nothing seemes to work, one of my dreams is have a beautiful and long hair but I can´t wear it that long because if falls ever more, my hair is black and streight but I need to find a solution desperately if any of you can help you have no idea about how thankful I´ll be.I´m really, pretty muc...DESPERATE!!!
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
Hi Jesse!I can completely relate to your problem. I used to have very thick, straight, brown-black hair. Then, around age 23, it started falling out. I'm 31 now, and my hair is super thin.I had all kinds of bloodwork done, I switched birth control pills, I tried mega-protein and vitamin supplements ... nothing helped. The doctors ultimately told me to deal with it - there was nothing more than genetics at work.Odd, since no one in my family had thinnning hair - not even the men!! (I'm 1/4 native american and the rest caucasian).Also odd was that the only place I noticeably thinned was on my scalp - mostly the bang area, natural part area, top and crown. My hairline never receded. I never lost clumps of hair - just shredded a lot. After showering, I put gel or mousse on my hair and run my hands through it and there'd be A LOT of hair on my hands.It still shreds - not as much as it used to.Lots of people will try to give you advice on what to do. Let me just say one thing: make an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in female hair loss. From what I've read, there are a lot of medical reasons that cause it.For now, I've chosen to have my hairdresser put golden highlites (color weave - foil wraps) where it's thinnest on the top. It creates a subtle texturing illusion so my hair doesnt look so thin. It's expensive too.My dreams too of long shimmering dark hair have been shattered by this thinning hair nightmare. Not only are you dealing with a medical problem - it soon becomes a psychological problem if you obsess about it too much.Good luck, and make that Dr.'s appointment today!!Laura
shelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:23pm
Laura - I also understand what you are going thru. I've already been to an internal medicine doctor. he did all the blood tests, everything came back normal. there is no history of hair loss in my family. mine is falling out in the exact same place. i have recently started using nioxin products and it has slowed the falling out process but it is still falling out. I have an appt with a dermatologist next week, i am hoping for some good news. So many people come up to me and say hey you are going bald. I am only 33 and i am short so everyone can see it!! i might consider that highlighting idea. if you know of any other help full hints please send them my way. i am searching the internet now for an appropriate hair cut for this thin hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic