Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone else experience this type of hair thinning problem?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else experience this type of hair thinning problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MSJ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else experience this type of hair thinning problem?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
Im male, 22 years old and about 5 years ago my hair began thinning and my hair has gotten very coarse and dry, and even after these 5 years of alot of thinning, its still not noticeable, but it has defitely gotten thinner, and every hair has some sort of white gunk at the root, sometimes attached to 1 or 2 hairs, which some have told me that stuff at the roots is normal but i never had that stuff on my roots until this started happening, its not your normal root. Anyone experience anything like this? thanks
. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote . Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
> Im male, 22 years old and about 5 years ago my hair> began thinning and my hair has gotten very coarse and> dry, and even after these 5 years of alot of thinning,> its still not noticeable, but it has defitely gotten> thinner, and every hair has some sort of white gunk at> the root, sometimes attached to 1 or 2 hairs, which> some have told me that stuff at the roots is normal> but i never had that stuff on my roots until this> started happening, its not your normal root. Anyone> experience anything like this? thanks
Sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2002 at 4:42pm
It could mean that the reason you didn`t see any white gunk on your root before was because you weren`t losing your hair then. Or if you did it wasn`t falling from the root of head but shedding normally. When you experience hair loss, your hair comes out from the root with a white end. When its normal hair just shedding, it shouldn`t show the white gunk. Hope this answers your question.
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2003 at 6:15pm
Maybe you didn`t notice the "white gunk" before. Because everyone is supposed to have that "white gunk" unless you wash your hair every single day. The white bulb at the tip is the root, but the stuff surrounding it is sebum. Your natural hair oil. I don`t wash my hair as often as I used to becuase I realized I was gettin ghair loos from my shower head and washing my hair every day. I have no hair loss whatsoever. The sebum is nothing to worry about. It`s natural, and for the most part it should BE there.
~Kitty Brite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic