Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAIR LOSS PLEASE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR LOSS PLEASE HELP
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:23pm
I've just turned 18 and I've been losing my hair for over a year. I believe it was because when I had showers the water was so hot that after a period of time the stream from the shower dried my scalp out. I began to have dandruff and then I finally think that the roots became weak and hair started to fall out. I also believe that it is not male pattern baldness because the hair gene comes from my mother's father who has a full head of hair. If anyone has any suggestions or advice so that my hair will stop falling out and grow back, I would much appreciate it.
stephanie suthers View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie suthers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:23pm
> I've just turned 18 and I've been losing my hair for> over a year. I believe it was because when I had> showers the water was so hot that after a period of> time the stream from the shower dried my scalp out. I> began to have dandruff and then I finally think that> the roots became weak and hair started to fall out. I> also believe that it is not male pattern baldness> because the hair gene comes from my mother's father> who has a full head of hair. If anyone has any> suggestions or advice so that my hair will stop> falling out and grow back, I would much appreciate it.
Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2000 at 3:05am
First the bad news, then the good!
You ARE losing your hair, it is "male pattern baldness".
It really doesn't matter what your mother's father's hair was like. It may be a general rule of thumb, but it is just that. There are so many wives tales about the causes, but they are just superstition. The good news is that you CAN adjust. The secret is to be content with who you are and your appearence. I have, it IS possible! see my post 01/21/00 in "men's hair talk" called "balding is NO TRAGEDY!" Our appearence always changes as we go through life, and it would be foolish to hate our appearence the rest of our lives and be hooked on what it was at one point that will be buried in the past SO quickly! I actually enjoy my new hairline and so should you enjoy yours! At first it was hard, because I was envious of others and afraid girls would not like it but trust me it makes no difference! It's your own self image girls (and guys) pick up on! Love it, dont try to fight it and be unhappy like the "modern trap" would have you do, and spend money on "cures" that cannot work. Just enjoy your hair and your body always.!! --Kev
michelle17uk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle17uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2000 at 10:13am
what kind of hair loss do you have?
If it is small patches of hair loss then could be Alopetia Areata which is caused by stress
are you on any medication because that has alot to do with your hair. it is basically a general thinning of the hair and is called diffuse alopecia
what you can do to see if it grows back or to help it anyway is to give the hair a good massage or get somone else to do for because this will get the sebacous gland working and getting into action
you can reply to me michelle17uk@hotmail.com
Gail Hudson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gail Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2000 at 4:12am
Hi Shaun,
Sorry to hear about your hair loss. If your top area is extremly dry you should get some hair vitamins right away and give yourself a hot oil treatment twice a month. Try this and try not to worry about it a lot just focus on growing it back, sometimes stress can cause you to lose hair too. Write me back and let me know how it goes.
Gail Hudson
STUDIO36TH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STUDIO36TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2000 at 2:04am
READ WHAT I WROTE ABOVE TO MR. HINES ABOUT THE PROPECIA. THE GENE CAN COME FROM EITHER SIDE AND ISN'T NECESSARILY OBVI0US IN YOUR GENETICS - IT CAN BE A PASSED DOWN A FEW GENERATIONS BEFORE IT SURFACES. THIS US USUALLY NOT THE REASON HAIR FALLS OUT. IT IS USUALLY MALE PATTERN BALDNESS DUE TO DHT FROM TESTOSTERONE. DON'T FOOL YOURSELF INTO THINKING THAT IT IS CAUSED BY HOT WATER. I DOUBT IT. IF YOU TACKLE IT EARLY YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE ABLE TO STOP IT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic