Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair loss from dying hair black!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Drew View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss from dying hair black!
    Posted: January 23 2000 at 12:31pm
i recently dyed my hair black at home, i got it from wal mart... anyway, when i took a bath alot of hair came out, no one hardly noticed, then the second time it got worse, then about 3 days ago alot came out and i have to do a come over type thingie! its really anoying me! i dont think its breaking off, its comming from the root! someone said i could be alergic to the dye, has this happened to anyone?
if i get it a little wet some hair still falls out! should i just shave it off an watch it come back?
and the bad thing about it is i just got a girlfriend, my first! and i look like im 40 and going bald! so far im just wearing a hat, you can really tell when its combed. im not putting any gel in it at all, what should i do? please help
booboo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2000 at 10:05pm
the reason why you lost your hair is because you left the color on to long.so you fryed your hair
betty boop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betty boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 10:25pm
use wild growth
whatadumbbunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatadumbbunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:15pm
Well, be kinder to your hair, first and foremost! You poor thing! If you're looking like a regular George Kastanza, then maybe you should buzz it off and start all over again, and next time you want to dye your hair, spend a little extra money on going to the salon. :-)
I'm sure your new girl will deal just fine, and perhaps see humor in the situation. Who knows, she might love the look? If she can't deal with your hair situation, and we've all had 'em... then she isn't right for you anyway.
Take my advice in passing, but you might want to go to a salon and ask for a plan of action, see if they agree with buzzing it off?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 9:36pm
Hehe, this post is 5 years old, I wonder if they got married and had kids in the meantime.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Norma Rabbit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norma Rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:13am
The same thing happened to me. I left my black hair dye in too long and I lost some at the roots at the front at my forehead. Not alot, I would have to point it out to people for them to notice it. I think commercial hair dyes are evil. I'm gonna go with natural vegetable dyes from now on. I just hope they cover greys. - Norma
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:33pm
The problem with permanent hair dye is that yes, it bleaches, and so you can fry your hair under some circumstances. If what you want to do is go darker, it's much better to use a semi-permanent dye, and use it more often. There's less chance of damage.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 6:43pm
Unless your hair is damaged to begin with your hair is not going to break off from using a hair dye, black or any other color, and it's not going to fall out.

Permanent hair colors turn off after a certain amout of time about 40/45 min. Bleach is active for 90 min.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic