Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair loss over the last 6 months..please read and help!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair loss over the last 6 months..please read and help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss over the last 6 months..please read and help!
    Posted: May 16 2000 at 8:23am
Okay..where to start? I'm 35, have always had a very healthy head of hair (lots of it, too). I took painkillers a good bit of a bad last year (but didn't really notice a great hair loss) which culminated in major back surgery in November 1999. Almost immediately thereafter, I started noticing large hair loss, which I put off to the anesthesia, etc. The problem is, here I am 6 months out, and the hair loss has not stopped. I was looking in the mirror last night, and was appalled. What sort of doctor should I consult about my hair loss? Endo? Dermatologist? Where do I start? I have grown my hair out to "cover" the loss, because it's curly, and the volume helps to hide the thinness. My ponytail now is the size of what used to be just a small handful of my hair. HELP!
Col C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2000 at 2:23pm
Just registered and saw your message. I am experiencing the same problem. Thought it could have been anti-depressants, so stopped taking them. Hair has been falling out for almost a year now. I am definately going to see my dermatologist. I am a 46 yr old female and I don't need this! Let me know if you've found a "cure".
Colleen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic