Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has Anyone Actually Cured Their Baldness?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has Anyone Actually Cured Their Baldness?
    Posted: May 28 2000 at 4:53am
Has anyone actually cured their baldness with any type of product? I am losing my hair slowly on top...I feel like the biggest loser. What kind of woman wants to go out with a bald guy in the world we live in? I will probably be single for the rest of my life now...thanks God!(sarcasm intended) My hair is really badly receeded and the top is getting severely thin...anyone ever cured this? I have been on Nioxin for the last 8 months and my hair is worse for thickness now than it was when I first started taking that product. Is there any point in living or what? I am heterosexual and and if I can't get a girl friend I'll have to go queer or something but even a gay guy wouldn"t want to touch a bald loser like myself. Tell me anything please.
sann
Diomedes View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diomedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2000 at 6:43am
Reply to message: 8.273.1
quote:
sann originally wrote: Has anyone actually cured their baldness with any type of product? I am losing my hair slowly on top...I feel like the biggest loser. What kind of woman wants to go out with a bald guy in the world we live in? I will probably be single for the rest of my life now...thanks God!(sarcasm intended) My hair is really badly receeded and the top is getting severely thin...anyone ever cured this? I have been on Nioxin for the last 8 months and my hair is worse for thickness now than it was when I first started taking that product. Is there any point in living or what? I am heterosexual and and if I can't get a girl friend I'll have to go queer or something but even a gay guy wouldn"t want to touch a bald loser like myself. Tell me anything please.
sann

I started losing my hair at around 18 (I`m 27 now). About 3 years ago, I decided to do something about it. I tried various herbal products, but didn`t see much improvement after 4 months. The stuff was costing a fortune, so I quit. For the last year and a half, I`ve been using Propecia (finasteride), and for the last year I have also used Nioxin. In the last couple years, I`ve been taking a lot of vitamins and supplements. I have more hair now than I had three years ago. But I don`t know what has helped the most, but that combination has worked for me. Since there can be many causes for hair loss, there are many solutions, and not all will work in every case. I strongly recommend you try propecia, as it has an 83% success rate in stopping further hair loss, and 66% for regrowing some hair. You can get a presciption from your doctor. Take vitamin supplements too, since that can only help your overall health, if nothing else.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2001 at 2:18pm
Yes - Elton John! Bald as a coot in the mid 70s and now look at him - a full head of, well, I`m not sure what it looks like. OK, to be serious, the answer is no. But hey, lighten up! The ultra close crop for bald guys is in now, look at Moby, he is by all accounts something of a "babe magnet". It`s all in the mind.
phil
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2001 at 5:53am
Reply to message: 8.333.1
Spencer Kobren stopped his hair loss and reversed it with propecia. My business partner stopped his hair loss also with propecia. It seems to help a lot.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Frances View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frances Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2001 at 5:31pm
My hair has been thinning for years and I recently decided to do something about it. I started taking vitamins and different supplements along with Rogaine and I have seen a noticeable difference. I have also noticed that the more stressed I am, the more hair I lose. So I have had to learn to relax and not worry so much, if not for my mental and physical health, but for my hair as well. Good luck and don`t give up.
Frances
lily_GK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lily_GK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2001 at 12:49pm
Greetings....

I hate that you feel like no one would want to go out with you, however...there are lots of girls who like balding and/or bald men. Every girl I work with has made comments in the past about how they love the look and feel of a mans head, and we work in a governmental type job where men have there hair cut very short.

So, my suggestion is, if none of the treatments work...cut it into a military type cut and enjoy it. Nothing is worse than a comb-over and fingertip sensations are wonderful, to a girl on a mans scalp...at least to this one.

Wishing you well..and much luck whichever way you go...

lily
lily_GK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lily_GK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2001 at 12:51pm
Greetings Sann...

I posted a reply to you but did it wrong,...look below the threads.

lily
Jeffreymc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffreymc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2001 at 1:01pm
quote:

sann originally wrote:
Has anyone actually cured their baldness with any type of product? I am losing my hair slowly on top...I feel like the biggest loser. What kind of woman wants to go out with a bald guy in the world we live in? I will probably be single for the rest of my life now...thanks God!(sarcasm intended) My hair is really badly receeded and the top is getting severely thin...anyone ever cured this? I have been on Nioxin for the last 8 months and my hair is worse for thickness now than it was when I first started taking that product. Is there any point in living or what? I am heterosexual and and if I can't get a girl friend I'll have to go queer or something but even a gay guy wouldn"t want to touch a bald loser like myself. Tell me anything please.
sann

Hello-
Just wanted to respond briefly to your "cry for help". I am a 38 y.o. man who has been losing his hair for several years, and believe me, it has been traumatic. It seems you hate to look in the mirror to see the constant erosion, and you think everyone is looking at it. The fact of the matter is, though, that people spend 95% of their time worried about themselves, and your particular malady is of little interest to them. In addition, the statement that "attitude is everything" ,although somewhat of a cliche, is undeniably true in this case. Take twins, both with identical hair loss. Make one self-conscious about his hair with the resultant loss of self esteem. The brother is confident, smiling, and has accepted his particular "challenge". Which one`s hair will you notice? You know the answer. And that applies to women. If you like yourself, take care of yourself, are enthusiastic, funny, and happy you will attract women. Are there some that will not go out with you because of your hair loss? Sure. Do you really want that kind of girl? And I am not talking about concession, either. I have found that as I forget about my hair and focus on my positive attributes- we all have many, many of them- women are attracted to me, and not undesirable ones, either.

Work on your physique, your demeanor, your passion, your love of life, my man. Love yourself as a unique creation of God, because that is what you are. Stop focusing on what you think are your liabilities.

I speak from experience, believe me. Cut is short or shave it, and walk into the world with confidence!

Good luck and God bless,
Jeff
Niko View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2001 at 1:30pm
Reply to message: 8.331.1
quote:

Diomedes originally wrote:
quote:

sann originally wrote:
sann

I started losing my hair at around 18 (I'm 27 now). About 3 years ago, I decided to do something about it. I tried various herbal products, but didn't see much improvement after 4 months. The stuff was costing a fortune, so I quit. For the last year and a half, I've been using Propecia (finasteride), and for the last year I have also used Nioxin. In the last couple years, I've been taking a lot of vitamins and supplements. I have more hair now than I had three years ago. But I don't know what has helped the most, but that combination has worked for me. Since there can be many causes for hair loss, there are many solutions, and not all will work in every case. I strongly recommend you try propecia, as it has an 83% success rate in stopping further hair loss, and 66% for regrowing some hair. You can get a presciption from your doctor. Take vitamin supplements too, since that can only help your overall health, if nothing else.

Diomedes,
I seems you have had good luck using Propecia! But, are their side effects different for men and women? Also, are you male or female?
Also, what type of supplements are you using? Any suggestions for gray hair?
Sincerely,
Niko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic