Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thinning hair and hair color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaybird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinning hair and hair color?
    Posted: March 20 2001 at 11:14pm
Sorry for how this pasted. I posed these questions under "general" but thought you also might be able to answer my questions.

In recent months I`ve noticed my hair us thinning on the crown (front of head) and my hair has also done a 180 when it
comes to it`s texture. My hair used to be naturally curly, course and somewhat frizzy (I tamed the frizzies with hair
products). Now, other than the thinning, it`s not curly like the soft spirals I used to have, it feels thin and limp, and
amazingly no frizzy, it feels soft and it`s now shiney unstead of dull.

It used to be, even if I just wet my hair but did not wash, I still had to put conditioner in so I could get my fingers thru it.
Now I barely use conditioner.

If anyone has any suggestions about the above, I`d love to hear it. BTW, I`m 36 and thinning hair does, unfortunetaly,
run in my family. My mom and dad are thin and my younger brother is really thin.

I went back to layers to try and hide it somewhat. Know here is my second question. I`m dark brown. From the advice of
a friend (ex-stylist) I went lighter hoping the contrast of hair/scalp my help also. He also says I look `washed out` when
my hair is dark, so another reason I went lighter. Now tonight a stylist that takes my class, tells me just the opposite,
that the brown warms my face. So now I`m totally confused! My skin fair with pink undertones and freckles (which I
hate). So any ideas on what is the better shade for my complexion would be appreciated also.

I know this post was long and thank you to the people that made it all the way through. I`m just very frustrated with the
thinning and change of texture. I can`t get my hair to do anything anymore. Everyday it looks like crap and I`m getting
sick of it. Thanks in advance for feedback.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic