Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

getting color to deposit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
k9mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k9mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting color to deposit
    Posted: February 18 2014 at 8:06am
hi...here's been my problem (with several different stylists). My natural color is an ashy medium brown. I'm about 50% gray from the ears forward. What I want is to have close to my natural color as a base and then some blonde highlights. What I always end up getting is brassy roots and just too much 'butterscotch' colored hair. Last December, I had a stylist take my hair much darker (we used a level 5) and put just a few blonde highlights in. That turned out pretty good....but....I was missing being lighter, so went in this week and told her to foil a few more blonde highlights all the way thru, except for the back, from ears down...just leave that all brown. I like my roots a little darker, but each time someone touches up my roots, or even tries to foil in low lights, and then sits me under the dryer, the low lights/roots will not deposit color. After 4 times of this, with different stylists and different brands of color, I think the problem is the heat. The problem is worse on the top of my head where most of the heat of the dryer is. Now once again, I have very little brown left in my hair, and I'm mostly a strawberry blonde with some bleach-y colored highlights. Any and all thoughts appreciated. I wanna scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic