Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NJCarol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCarol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair loss
    Posted: July 05 2001 at 6:14pm
I just returned from the dermatologist, after trying to get an appointment for months..He says, I have female pattern baldness, and cannot predict how much more of my hair I will loose. He prescribed Rogaine of course. I`m terribly depressed. In my particulair case, I believe that if I can somehow balance my hormones I can reverse this trend...My last resort is a chiropractor that I went to last year for my back problems.he uses all kind of herbal cures .If all this fails I`m done, can`t face the world with no hair.....wigs look good on Cher, but I`ll skip it...thanks.....
c View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 7:35am
Reply to message: 8.407.1
quote:
NJCarol originally wrote: I just returned from the dermatologist, after trying to get an appointment for months..He says, I have female pattern baldness, and cannot predict how much more of my hair I will loose. He prescribed Rogaine of course. I'm terribly depressed. In my particulair case, I believe that if I can somehow balance my hormones I can reverse this trend...My last resort is a chiropractor that I went to last year for my back problems.he uses all kind of herbal cures .If all this fails I'm done, can't face the world with no hair.....wigs look good on Cher, but I'll skip it...thanks.....
Hi NJ,

You know I am experiencing the exact same problem! And yes, I too was prescribed Rogain last year and the prescrip. is still tacked to my billboard. With regards to your back problems - I have had that as well for so many years. I sometimes wonder if all these physical ailments are related. Do you have any breathing problems? I did discover last year that I have a thyroid problem. Have you considered that? I am also investigating Viviscal. I desperatletly wish I could shave my head (after all, I often find that men look better when they do that. It`s just that sexist society thing I guess) The experience of hair loss is also affecting my relationship(s). Lack of confidence is so destructive.

We`ll get through this though!

c
c View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 7:35am
quote:
NJCarol originally wrote: I just returned from the dermatologist, after trying to get an appointment for months..He says, I have female pattern baldness, and cannot predict how much more of my hair I will loose. He prescribed Rogaine of course. I'm terribly depressed. In my particulair case, I believe that if I can somehow balance my hormones I can reverse this trend...My last resort is a chiropractor that I went to last year for my back problems.he uses all kind of herbal cures .If all this fails I'm done, can't face the world with no hair.....wigs look good on Cher, but I'll skip it...thanks.....
Hi NJ,

You know I am experiencing the exact same problem! And yes, I too was prescribed Rogain last year and the prescrip. is still tacked to my billboard. With regards to your back problems - I have had that as well for so many years. I sometimes wonder if all these physical ailments are related. Do you have any breathing problems? I did discover last year that I have a thyroid problem. Have you considered that? I am also investigating Viviscal. I desperatletly wish I could shave my head (after all, I often find that men look better when they do that. It`s just that sexist society thing I guess) The experience of hair loss is also affecting my relationship(s). Lack of confidence is so destructive.

We`ll get through this though!

c
Hope Bass View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2001 at 5:30pm
Hi! I also have androgenetic alopecia, and I`m only 20 years old. I started noticing thinning last year, and, after looking at lots of pictures, I had the early signs of it (widened partline) starting from when I was 15. I was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia a little more than one year ago (August 17, 2000), and I often feel very down about myself as a result. I sporadically cry about my hair loss--my hair is extremely thin now and I can see my scalp fairly easily in many places on the top of my head. But, luckily, i have a very supportive boyfriend who doesn`t seem to care at all about it. And hopefully I will finally believe what everyone keeps telling me: "It`s just hair!" It`s only devastating for me because I never imagined that I would ever lose my hair. With the help of my boyfriend and supportive friends, I`m starting to see my hair loss from a better perspective. And, in my opinion, wigs aren`t a bad option (particularly mono top wigs--and there are so many choices and styles), and I do think that eventually I will wear one and I will be fine. Everyone eventually has problems in their lives, and hair loss is simply one of mine.

Keep smiling!

--Hope
Hope Bass View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2001 at 5:31pm
Hi! I also have androgenetic alopecia, and I`m only 20 years old. I started noticing thinning last year, and, after looking at lots of pictures, I had the early signs of it (widened partline) starting from when I was 15. I was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia a little more than one year ago (August 17, 2000), and I often feel very down about myself as a result. I sporadically cry about my hair loss--my hair is extremely thin now and I can see my scalp fairly easily in many places on the top of my head. But, luckily, i have a very supportive boyfriend who doesn`t seem to care at all about it. And hopefully I will finally believe what everyone keeps telling me: "It`s just hair!" It`s only devastating for me because I never imagined that I would ever lose my hair. With the help of my boyfriend and supportive friends, I`m starting to see my hair loss from a better perspective. And, in my opinion, wigs aren`t a bad option (particularly mono top wigs--and there are so many choices and styles), and I do think that eventually I will wear one and I will be fine. Everyone eventually has problems in their lives, and hair loss is simply one of mine.

Keep smiling!

--Hope
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic