Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair loss after miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss after miscarriage
    Posted: October 20 2001 at 3:18pm
Reply to message: 8.430.1
A friend of mine recently had a miscarriage so we were looking up some helpfull information for her. I is not uncommon that after a misscarriage you have hairloss. One there is the factor of having normal stress and grief after a miscarriage also after any pregnancy there is a usual hairloss, but not really in the sence of the word. Because during pregnancy you donot lose as much hair as when you are not pregnant so than after the pregnancy the hormones keeping your hair in stops and your hair falls out all at once until it gets back into it normal shedding and growing cycle. But I`m not sure about the time it is dif. with everyone.

Hope that helps

Alia
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2001 at 7:58am
I had a miscarriage about a month ago after being pregnant for almost 3 months. I am now having quite a bit of hair loss. When I went for a trim yesterday, my longtime hairstylist said, "What are you doing to your hair?" She noticed while washing it that it was a lot thinner and that some was coming out. Luckily for me I had thick hair to start with so the loss is not very noticeable. But I`m wondering how long it will keep falling out. Anybody with any experience with this hair loss after a miscarriage?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic