Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PLEASE HELP ME!! My hair is falling out, and I`m only 15!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP ME!! My hair is falling out, and I`m only 15!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP ME!! My hair is falling out, and I`m only 15!!!!
    Posted: February 01 2002 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Merlin Merlin wrote:

Reply to message: 8.435.1
It is normal to lose some hair every day. If the loss is excessive, you should consult a dermatologist to see what is causing it. Are you taking any medication? A side effect of some medications is TEMPORARY hair loss (when you stop taking the medication, your hair will grow back). If not, there are some things you can do to keep your hair and grow new healthy hair. B Vitamins play an important role in healthy hair growth and deficiencies have been linked to hair loss. It is recommended to take B vitamins in complex form, because the B's work off each other in complimentary fashion, although taking extra Biotin is a good idea. Biotin can easily be obtained naturally from the foods you eat --- add bulghur wheat, brown rice, brewer's yeast, lentils, green peas, soybeans, sunflower seeds and walnuts to your diet...it will improve the condition of your hair. Vitamin C is a wonderful antioxidant and helps improve circulation to the scalp. Vitamin E, another good antioxidant, increases oxygen absorption and improves circulation to the scalp. Zinc enhances immune function and stimulates hair growth. Copper works with Zinc in aiding the growth and strengthening of hair. Kelp supplies an abundance of natural minerals essential for hair growth. L-Cysteine and L-Methionine improve quality, texture and growth of hair and help prevent hair from falling out. The best hair vitamin I know is H37 sold on this site although some people tell me they got terrific results with the WalMart brand too. Now let's talk about HERBS ... Bilberry contains fatty acids, and flavonoids -- among some other compounds -- helpful in correcting hairloss due to stress or damage. Horsetail contains calcium, copper, fatty acids, PABA, Pantothenic acid, silica, sodium, starch, zinc .. all very good for strenghtening hair. Maiden Hair Tree is more often referred to as Ginkgo Biloba, which is well known for its ability to improve circulation. You might also try a good deep conditioner to strengthen your hair. Eat right, get plenty of rest, take your vitamins, use a good shampoo and conditioner, be gentle, and you should be on the road to a healthy head of hair. Hope this is useful to you. Good luck!!

Don`t worry!
I was 15 too when my hair started to fall out. Now i am 20 and I have no hair what so ever anywhere on my body and i love it. It is called Alopecia. I don`t know if you have heard of this or not, but the docters tried to tell me that i was mentally ill. I was upset of course but i wasn`t insane! When they blame things on stress they basically don`t know what it is! I suggest that you get in touch with a dermatologist and they can tell you all sorts of stuff or if you don`t want to do that contact me and I will be glad to help! Just remember it is not the end of the world, your not alone and always smile. Erica
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2001 at 12:17pm
Reply to message: 8.435.1
It is normal to lose some hair every day. If the loss is excessive, you should consult a dermatologist to see what is causing it. Are you taking any medication? A side effect of some medications is TEMPORARY hair loss (when you stop taking the medication, your hair will grow back). If not, there are some things you can do to keep your hair and grow new healthy hair. B Vitamins play an important role in healthy hair growth and deficiencies have been linked to hair loss. It is recommended to take B vitamins in complex form, because the B`s work off each other in complimentary fashion, although taking extra Biotin is a good idea. Biotin can easily be obtained naturally from the foods you eat --- add bulghur wheat, brown rice, brewer`s yeast, lentils, green peas, soybeans, sunflower seeds and walnuts to your diet...it will improve the condition of your hair. Vitamin C is a wonderful antioxidant and helps improve circulation to the scalp. Vitamin E, another good antioxidant, increases oxygen absorption and improves circulation to the scalp. Zinc enhances immune function and stimulates hair growth. Copper works with Zinc in aiding the growth and strengthening of hair. Kelp supplies an abundance of natural minerals essential for hair growth. L-Cysteine and L-Methionine improve quality, texture and growth of hair and help prevent hair from falling out. The best hair vitamin I know is H37 sold on this site although some people tell me they got terrific results with the WalMart brand too. Now let`s talk about HERBS ... Bilberry contains fatty acids, and flavonoids -- among some other compounds -- helpful in correcting hairloss due to stress or damage. Horsetail contains calcium, copper, fatty acids, PABA, Pantothenic acid, silica, sodium, starch, zinc .. all very good for strenghtening hair. Maiden Hair Tree is more often referred to as Ginkgo Biloba, which is well known for its ability to improve circulation. You might also try a good deep conditioner to strengthen your hair. Eat right, get plenty of rest, take your vitamins, use a good shampoo and conditioner, be gentle, and you should be on the road to a healthy head of hair. Hope this is useful to you. Good luck!!

Merlin
Dementdpunkchik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dementdpunkchik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2001 at 6:26pm
I am a 15 year girl who is losing alot of hair! For the past 6 months, ALOT of my hair has been falling out. I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression, but I am doing alot better. I don`t really have any health problems besides depression and anxiety.
But this is making me miserable! I don`t know what to do! I cry almost everyday and I`m even afraid to take a shower because I know tons more hair is going to fall out. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Please help me!!!!
I have long beautiful auburn hair that use to be really thick, but its thinning by the day. If anyone can help, PLEASE email me!!!
*To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it`s best nght and day to make you everybody else, is to fight the hardest battle any human being will fight.*
~E.E. Cummings~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic