Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Wow Vs Drugstore Eye Shadow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
floria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Wow Vs Drugstore Eye Shadow
    Posted: March 10 2014 at 9:36pm
I am curious.  Has anyone here used Color Wow?  It is expensive - approximately $35 and experts say it works very much like eyeshadow.  Supposedly Color Wow is great for covering up grey hair & root regrowth on fine/thin hair because it is a powder versus a spray which can cause fine/thin hair to be oily. 

My question?  Why spring for a product that costs $35 if it is just like eyeshadow powder?  Why not just get the powder? 

Supposedly the Oscar Blandi Color Pen ($23) is also very good for fine/thin hair.  However, the same thing is said about the Color Pens.  That's it's like using eye shadow or even eye mascara.  So why spend the extra?

Has anyone use either of these products for fine/thin hair?  Do you think it's worth the price?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 9:49pm
Great questions.

My own hair is coarse & naturally wavy/curly.  Powders of any kind, expensive  or inexpensive eye shadows, slide right off.

I have tried Rita Hazan's Root Concealer which is $25.  I love Rita Hazan who has always been very generous with her time and willingness to provide interviews.  I recommend the product highly and no, we don't sell it.   Rita's product is very good for thick hair - which I have - in addition to coarse hair.  The key is to use just a little bit.

In the past I have also had great luck with the Roux sticks which are like lipsticks for your hair. 

My biggest problem is around my hairline which has a few white streaks. 

It is important to consider your hair type & texture when using any products - root coverup or other - because the product utilized needs to work well with your hair type. 

Oily hair also needs powders rather than a color stick which can add to the oiliness factor.  Sprays may or may not work on oily hair but they do work well on thick hair or some coarse hair.

Again...great topic. 

Would love to hear what other people use for root touchups.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic