Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dark roots, red color, wanting to go golden, help.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark roots, red color, wanting to go golden, help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
txsusie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txsusie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark roots, red color, wanting to go golden, help.
    Posted: April 23 2014 at 5:39pm
Hi, for years I had bleached blonde hair, my hair is naturally a dark brown (level 3). I went mainly my natural color but kept my bleached highlights. 2- months ago I took those blonde (level 8/9) to red by using Clairol Radiance Colorgloss (demi - deposit only) as a base then adding Natural Instincts (dark red), the blonde locks came out a nice color (now faded), but I'm over red.

QuestionMy goal is to get the red 'highlights' I am currently sporting, to a medium golden (rich caramel) brown, the rest of my hair will remain the dark brown. ~Also getting my roots to lift the shade or two it will need to blend with my the rest of my 'highlights'.

QuestionAny help on doing this would be awesome & VERY MUCH appreciated.
I am fairly well versed in using colors/toners and very comfortable with the 'process' that it takes to achieve the desired result... but before I leap face first and go the LONG way around to get to my goal, I thought it may be smart to ask you guys!! Grin

Ive attached photos to help you see where my hair is. The red is about 2 shades lighter than my roots.

My thoughts were to lift the roots using 20 or 30 Vol. and a color such as Ion Color Brilliance 7G 7/3 (Med. golden blonde -*reviews says it comes out darker*) - then using a demi over the roots and red highlights to tone it all the desired color and make it even, root to tip.
Thoughts on my idea would be appreciated? Also, is there a better way, I'm all for it!
I'm thinking I will need to use an ash to tone it to a golden?
Anyway - thanks in advance for your help (-:
Susie Smile

Emily Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emily Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 8:24am
FOr me the best is dark burgundy hair color
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic