Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair loss of a different kind...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tobykeithfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobykeithfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair loss of a different kind...
    Posted: October 10 2002 at 9:10pm
I have a story to make all of you feel glad that it`s not you. I have a friend in my karate class who`s mother was just diagnosed with cancer. She has long thick black hair (to her knees when it`s braided tight) It`s beautiful. She`s gonna have to have chemotherapy though so... that`s the end of that. I just needed to share the story somewhere and I figured the hair loss board would be a good one since she is losing so much length....
Sarah
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 9:27pm
Dear Sarah, I wish the best for your friend`s mother in her struggle with cancer, something like that does make simple hair loss through alopecia seem relatively trivial in comparison. I hope your friends mother realizes she can still be beautiful bald, look at the fashion models and female rock musicians who look good bald! She can also have some fun with turbans and headscarves! Most important, of course, is her health, I`m sure she is in people`s prayers in her struggle with cancer.
Rubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 10:00am
Maybe, she can keep her hair to make her a wig.
It`s very distressing for her. It`s the nightmare
of every very long hair owner.
Maybe , I'll make mistakes in my sentences, I usually speak French. But this site is great and I love it !
sroceo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sroceo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2002 at 1:14am
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and went through 8 cycles of chemotherapy. I lost all of my hair in one dramtic evening, after my 2nd treatment. My head was itching and whoops, the wrong thing to do was to try and wash my hair! It all came out in one big matted mess!

Be aware that not all chemotherapy agents make your hair fall out. The oncologist can let her know if her chemo drugs will affect her.

If she will loose her hair, it is probably best that she do as someone else suggested, cut it off early and then have her own hair made into a wig.

I had a hair prosthesis (one that is glued on). I did not like it at all. The chemotherapy made me very ill and the last thing you want is something glued onto your head! I liked wearing scarves and hats better.

Tell your friend`s mother that the hair will grow back! Mine started to come back 3-weeks after chemo stopped. Regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic