Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i could use some help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sjahn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i could use some help
    Posted: October 14 2002 at 11:56pm
ive been having this problem for a couple years now. My scalp gets irritated even when shampooing more than once a day and is aggravated moreso with the use of hair gel. Tied along with this is more than normal (i think) hair loss at the roots and really thin hair. im 19 and i dont feel like being bald in my early 20s so if theres nething u guys can help me with please do
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 3:04am
Originally posted by sjahn sjahn wrote:

ive been having this problem for a couple years now. My scalp gets irritated even when shampooing more than once a day and is aggravated moreso with the use of hair gel. Tied along with this is more than normal (i think) hair loss at the roots and really thin hair. im 19 and i dont feel like being bald in my early 20s so if theres nething u guys can help me with please do

Hello, I would *love* to help you out here.

Gel is the worst thing to put in your hair. it`s because gel actually strips the oils from your hair actually making it weaker and less full of body. Build up in your hair follicles from the gel can make your hair malnurished because all that is getting in the way of your root from growing.

I suggest a nice clean shampoo or conditioner (that rids build up) Using the same shampoo or conditioner over time can actually build up on your hair and weigh it down.

I also suggest you try vitamins. I feel much better after taking my vitamins no results as of yet (I`ve only been taking them for a week) but my nails certainly feel stronger in that little time.

I suggest saw palmetto (herbal capsules), a good multivitamin, extra biotin, MSM, fatty acids (flaxseed contains omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids), calcium, iron, anything you`re defincent in or in need of. Folic acid and Zinc are some other things I`m taking. Silica is good too.
Protein is important..
umm.. I`m sure I`m missing something but it will come to me.

But easy on the Vitamin A, as I`ve heard it can actually promote hair loss instead of helping it go away.

I`m only 18 and I feel your pain. I don`t know what to do and my hair has been falling out from the roots.
I`ve just heard so many great things about those herbs and vitamins that I refuse to believe that it won`t work.

Results do vary though, it may take weeks or months for results to actually show. 3 weeks to 6 months depending if you were ill or not.
I did hear that liquid forms work betterr or faster, so I`m taking a liquid multivitamin (icky) along with some liquid saw palmetto that I either put into my food or drink, or just take it from the teaspoon/tablespoon.

It may help you out!

~Kitty Brite

sjahn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 3:59am
thnx a bunch kitty =)
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2002 at 4:53pm
you`re very welcome!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic