Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My scalp hurts slightly sometimes when i brush my hair. It appears pink most of the time. What could it be?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My scalp hurts slightly sometimes when i brush my hair. It appears pink most of the time. What could it be?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My scalp hurts slightly sometimes when i brush my hair. It appears pink most of the time. What could it be?
    Posted: October 23 2002 at 12:11pm
Sometimes if i touch the top of my head a lot. I noticed it will start hurt. I`ve also noticed my scalp will appear slightly pink right at the crown. I have no idea why. I have some hair loss. But i don`t know if this is the reason. I don`t even know what this condition is. Can anyone help? Is there anything i can take to stop the pain and warmth i feel on my scalp?
Kitty Brite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2002 at 12:27pm
You really shouldn`t touch your scalp like that. Or brush it a whole lot (especially near your scalp) The more you touch it the more it will look pink. just don`t do that it`s just one of those habbits.

~Kitty Brite
Sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 1:10pm
Its not that i touch it alot. In fact its always there. I avoid touching or brushing too close to the scalp. I`ve noticed its always there the pink coloring of my scalp. And when i try to untangled my hair after showering it will hurt if i accidently pull a little to hard. It doesn`t seem right. And its just in that area. Anyone know what it could be?
Brandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 2:59am
Sabelle,
Maybe you can try the message boards at http://www.keratin.com They seem to know a lot about hairloss and such things related.

It sounds like you have a scalp condition of some kind, but I never heard of this. Did you go to see your doctor yet?
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 10:58pm
sabelle, is it like this all over or just on one spot?- cause i have something like that but its only at the top, back area of my head. the skin always feels tender and a little rough.
sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 8:48am
its only at the top of my head. It seems you have what i have. I don`t know what it is. I try oils and conditioners for my hair. I`m also taking vitaims to repair the damage to my scalp. I went to the doctor and they took tests. I have no problem with my thyroid. She said my scalp is just irriated but i think she doesn`t even know. I`m planning on making another appointment for a second opinion. The doctor also told me i have AGA. One of those bald pattern conditions. I don`t know. i wish i knew what it was. Anyone have any ideas?
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2002 at 6:47pm
well, i`m sorry that i don`t know what it is but because i seem to have something similar(in a milder form) happening to my head- then i am very interested to hear from you if you find out what it is. if you do find out what it is just make sure to inform us! good luck- i hope you find the solution!:)
Napthali View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napthali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2002 at 10:39am
Sabelle,

See a dermatologist. I had a skin condition that resulted in significant hair loss. Neither beauticians nor my general physician could identify the problem. The dermatologist did instantly.

Best of luck
Penwa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2003 at 7:03pm
What did your dermatologist tell you the condition was? I have the same thing and a balding spot in that location. Thyroid and hormone levels are normal -the doctor prescribed a topical steroid which I used for close to 10 days, then read on the packaging that using for 2 weeks could cause HAIR LOSS!! Please respond!! Thanks -

Penwa
Napthali View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napthali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 1:53pm
Penwa,

I have a condition called chronic Seborrhea Dermartitis affects the oil glands. The hair loss is accompanied by excessive flaking and itching.

Nap
Cinar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2004 at 7:36pm
ok ....well my scalp hurts too and like i have pinkness in my scalp and when im in the shower...and im combing my hair chunks of hair falls out...yeah i went to a dermatoligist. Listen ...first you need to get rid of the dandruff and the redness. For the Redness use Fluocinonide 0.05%. its prescribed so ask your dermatoligist or doctor about it...its working for me!For the Dandruff im using another prescribed shampoo called Ketoconazole or something like that i forget im done with my bottle soo i dont know, anyways im 16 and if you have any other questions just post back or something...trust me im worried too.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 4:58am
Maybe you could try putting tea tree oil on the affected area a couple of times per day and see if that'll help it go away. I don't know what kind of infection it might be that you have, but I know tea tree oil is useful just in general for clearing up itching, sores, and infections on the scalp.
More awesome than a manatee!
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2004 at 5:56pm
Go to a doctor.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 10:42am
You may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the shampoo, conditioner, and other products you are putting on your scalp. This could be either causing the problem or making it worse. I had the problem of itchy, irritated scalp, breaking out and scabbing, which cleared up immediately when I switched conditioners.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
michelle77777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 12:46am
i also have soft spots on my scalp, i notice when i change shampoos or use a cheaper one, my scalp is itchy and red..i would also suggest using a mosturizing heatcap for the scalp. i suggest the microhaircap as oppossed to sitting underneath a hairdryers. this is like a steam cap. you need to put back mositure in the scalp for itchiness..i would also try a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and your local beauty supply store..
michelle :0)
Monika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:39pm
I have the same painful feeling when I run my fingers through my hair. My scalp feels like I've worn a ponytail all day, which in fact I hadn’t. I started to notice the problem about a couple of months ago and I feel the tension getting worse. I'm so desperate to find out what’s the problem. I’ve been using Biolage salon shampoo thinking that it would relief the tension in the scalp but it has not. I’m actually in the process of calling a chiropractor, maybe tomorrow. Could it possibly be do to stress? In a previous response, Penwa mentioned that she checked her thyroids; does thyroid problems cause hair loss? If so, maybe that’s what I need to check.
gumdrops View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 12:41pm
Monika, you need to see your doctor(dermatologist) and not a chiropractor. I don't think any shampoos will help relieve the pain that your experiencing. And yes, Thyroid, Anemia(low iron store), Hormonal Imbalance and Stress can cause hairloss. If you need more information about hairloss I would recommend a great site for women experiencing hairloss: www.heralopecia.com.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic