Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Red Hair Popular Or Not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JenniferHebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferHebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Red Hair Popular Or Not?
    Posted: September 22 2014 at 9:45am
A ton of naturally born red heads (aka gingers) have naturally very fair skin with/without freckles. 

Some people find this natural red hair to be beautiful and stunning to behold.  Other people not so much. 

It seems people are very mixed about how they feel about red hair.  

Personally I really don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things. Does it really make a difference what a person's hair color is?   Also, I find that most people have a personal preference. 

Do you think if you are blessed with natural red hair you should dye it to another color?  Or do you think you should enjoy being a red head and flaunt it?  Opinions?

Thanks,
JH
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 12:12am
I think you can be born with a beautiful color and I think you can enjoy trying un-natural colors, brights, enhance your color and do what you wish to with it as it will most likely grow back.  Natural reds are beautiful. I think it is up to the person to do what they wish to do with their hair. Pleasing your inner self is most important.Wink
ScotsLad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScotsLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 6:33pm
I agree with Born Blonde , do what you what you want . However, I can say that as a red head my personal experience has been mixed ..some absolutely drool with dating a red head & others well ..I've had 3 people once suggest anything from my ' stands out too much', ' attention seeking color',to ' red looks evil ' ..LOL So you do I think though have to bear a certain amount of confidence to do red, just be prepared for a mixed reaction. But now that I'm older & wiser - I don't think much about what others think ,so if you really like it and it suits you go for it :)__~ Its your money & your hair ...
~ Storm~
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 12:10pm
"Popular" is not a term that really applies to red hair. The genetic infrequency of naturally red hair keeps it a widely cherished rarity. This also probably is why it's a less commonly used dye shade than blonde, but red will always be popular. The only red color I'd like to see go away is the current trend of dying to a primary red. I think it makes the wearer look like Bozo the Clown, but a fair number of people are doing it these days.
ScotsLad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScotsLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 1:40pm
I agree , unless you are 20 or a hardcore Goth , maybe a model perhaps ..it seems a tad over the edge , but thats my 2 cents . If you feel inclined & froggy , Jump :-)__~
~ Storm~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic