Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going to a Red/Orange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ScotsLad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScotsLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to a Red/Orange
    Posted: October 10 2014 at 6:22pm
Hi there , I am new here ..I imagine not many guys on the board LOL
But I am in need of haircolor advice or suggestions. I'll try to be brief.
I was born a natural red head & coming up in the 80's from the South
I was tormented for being a  natural redhead ..so I came to resent it .
As I got older over the years I have colored it from dark red brown, strawberry blonde,
dark blonde and even went black once ( ok I admit that may have been teenage impulse & a bad fail LOL). So I have always done my hair at home & had fun with it . My hair is naturally very thick & curly ..its near elbow length . ( the plan is to keep letting it grow to knee /waist length ) .
But now in reflection that I will be 40 in January , and discovering our family is Scottish ..I want to go back and ' take back ' my Scottish pride :) I really like the red/orange range but I am disabled and can't spend the $300 the lady wanted to do it for me - I've been eyeing haircolor online just haven't hit the ' buy ' button yet cause I don't want to spend the cash until I am very sure. Is mixing your own color too difficult ? Could I be fairly well guided through this ? I have a picture & a concept in mind already . Just wanted some advice from folks who would know :)
A New Year and the holidays are around the bend & I'd really like to start anew & embrace it .
Its currently a faded Dark Red Brown and my hair is naturally a mousy neutral copper auburn.
I condition it 2x a week and go easy on the shampooing bout once every 2 wks  , the color is by Ion.  I do a braided ponytail before bed, avoid pools , and put in pure  99% aloe vera gel in it after conditioning it so its not ' fly away ' & I don't use hairspray or mouse at all . ( to be kind to my hair as possible . I work part time in a conservative field ( to keep me busy ) as an autopsy tech so it would probably need to be darker ,' toned down' to suit the respectful environment.  I have hazel eyes & fair skin with pink tones..and my veins look blue to me.
Help ! ...LOL    Thanks ...
 Storm
Phoenix AZ

~ Storm~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic