Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with blow drying my hair. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with blow drying my hair. Help!
    Posted: April 02 2015 at 8:29am
Hi all,

Im not sure if this is in the right forum. If not I apologize.

Whenever I blow dry my hair strait after I wash it, it always turns out dry and dull looking and my ends look fuzzy. The top of my head always has little flyaways and my hair doesnt have any shine and the ends are dry looking and my hair just feels dry over all. I should note that I have bleach blonde hair (base color and lots of highlights) so I know my hair is gonna be dry anyways however when anyone else blow drys my hair it always looks shiny, silky and my hair looks sealed (the ends dont look fuzzy or dry) Its like different hair almost! Each one of these stylists that blowdrys my hair is from different salons and uses different products and blow dryers yet they always get the same look. For years I cant not figure out what they are doing different that makes my hair look like that and I can not ever get it to look like that. I use a  $200 blow dryer and Ive always used salon quality products but no matter what I cant get my hair to have that sleek shiny sealed look. When a stylist blowdrys it, it feels alot different when I touch it. Not dry at all and people compliment me saying "oh your lucky your hair is in such good condition for blonde hair" but they dont realize I had someone else blow dry it and when I blow dry it I never get compliments. As soon as I start to blow dry my hair at the root and work my way down with my round brush I can start to see the hair becoming dry and stripping it of any shine and as I get to the ends they just look dry and fuzzy. Going over it with a flat iron doesnt seem to help. What am I doing wrong? Id like to blow dry my hair in front of a hair dresser and show them what Im doing so they can watch me and tell me what Im doing wrong. Do salons offer services like that? Thanks in advance.

Edited by SexyKitty - April 02 2015 at 8:33am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 5:30pm
I hate to tell you but there is only so much you can do to help damaged hair. Your options are kind of limited. Live with it and really condition the dry/ damaged part or cut the dry/ damaged part and start back taking super good care of it to prevent as much of the damage going forward as you can.

You may also want to consider a darker base color with highlights. The less hair you bleach the better it will be. If you cut it how much would you have to loose to get back to really healthy hair?
SexyKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2015 at 9:43am
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Its not that its in horrible condition. It just looks a bit dry and my ends too once Ive blow dried it. I do condition regularly. Its just the blow drying that I am having a problem with. After I have blow dryed it strait its just not shiny and the ends arent sealed and smooth like when a pro styles it. Its hard to explain over the internet. I just got my hair done yesterday and again when she blow dryed it its shiny and smooth. It feels different. Its the same head of hair that shes blow drying so just wondering how to get a good blow out like that. I use the same good quality hair dryer and products. I asked my hair dresser and she said its how Im blow drying it. My angles etc...Does that make sense?
MGgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 4:53pm
Here are a couple things I would use that I have learned from working at a salon.
 I would suggest using products like Moroccanoil or Oribe royal blowout before blowdrying your hair. They are great for avoiding frizziness and making your hair shine. Also, my favorite blowdryers are Babyliss, with either ceramic or nano technology. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic