Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ASAP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Talisa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ASAP!
    Posted: August 21 2003 at 9:32pm
I'm 13 yrs old and I have huge problem. When I was about 12 my mom decided to straighten my hair cause it was very difficult to deal with it when it was natural. Now a year later, my hair is breaking and dropping NONSTOP. Right now I braid my hair so it can grow back naturally but whenever I take them out to do it over, my hair looks shorter and more weak everytime. Is there anything I can do to my hair other than put braids in it for it to be settled and grow back? I just want my hair to be manageable, and it seems like when it is natural, it is bvery hard to manage. PLEASE HELP ME!
Talisa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 6:32am
could someone PLEASE help me out!?! 13 views and NO replies.....*sigh* u people......
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 4:14pm
Hi - I imagine if there are replies and no answers, people don't generally know your problem and how to help you. I doubt it would be because they didn't want to.

First, hair loss is very uncommon at your age, unless you have Alopecia. You need to see a dermatologist and have a biopsy if the falling is excessive and if you are losing your hair in patches. If it is just weak, breaking hair, you need to give it a rest and stop any excessive pulling (as in tight braids) or blow drying, curling or straightening procedures to get it back to the former state it was in.

A hairdresser may be able to help you achieve the look you want while maintaining your hair health --I would definitely suggest going to a professional to have any other procedure that could be possibly harmful to your hair done in the future if you're experiencing problems to the extent you say you are.

Since none of us here can 'see' your hair, it's awfully hard to make speculations. In the meantime, I would certainly ease off all harsh chemical services and even braids, if they are pulling harshly at your scalp.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic