Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the SP users please stand up!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeyyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeyyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the SP users please stand up!!
    Posted: September 10 2003 at 11:06am
Hello All:
Just wanted to know if there are any SP (Saw Palmetto) users in this forum who have actually used this to get healthier?thicker? hair.
I am taking 160 mg a day, but i am not sure, if it is really working.. SP has been proven to prevent Prostate Cancer - that much is a given but there is not much reserach for hair loss. If anyone has experienced results with this, Please post!!.

thanks.

J.
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2003 at 7:32pm
I've never used Saw Palmetto, but have a friend (male) who has used it with some success with hairloss -- he has seen a great decrease in shedding.

First, you have to get the standardized (80%+) extract for it to work well. The berry powder is just not as effective I've heard. Saw Palmetto is supposed to work at inhibiting the actions of testosterone on the prostate that cause prostate enlargement and interference with urinary flow, and that's why it works to help prevent many prostate problems, because DHT (dihydrotestosterone) in abundance can cause hairloss and prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, etc.

I think the best way to determine whether it will work for you is to purchase the standardized version and take it for several months at the recommended dosages. I've heard mixed reviews, but some tend to believe it's almost comparable to Proscar/Propecia.

Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic