Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me Karen! Headband trouble!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me Karen! Headband trouble!
    Posted: January 16 2004 at 11:59am
I really need some help! I fell in love with headbands because they were such an easy hairstyle but now I am suffering the consequences of about 6 months of torturing my scalp. I wore the metal kinds and tight elastic kinds, ingnoring the pain they caused because I looked good. But then my hairstylist saw that I had a line perpendicular to my part of lost hair. I stopped wearing headbands for about 2 weeks. When will the hair grow back...if ever? Please reply Karen.
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 3:15am
B-mail or e-mail Karen.
bollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 3:46pm
The last time I sent her an email, I got one back that said she was too swamped with mail and to post a question on Hair Talk. I haven't gotten an answer yet...and I probably never will. sigh
samira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 10:10pm
That's terrible! i really feel bad for you. What has happened to you is called TRACTION ALOPECIA you can search this term on the net and find alot. From the little I know the hair can usually grow back but in some cases where there has been prolonged damage, the hair loss could be permanent. it depends if your hair follicles have been permanetly scarred. usually the human body will heal itself though so fingers-crossed. because your hair has to grow back from scratch it could take , I think, 3 to 4 months to see the new growth so be patient.
Try following all the tips for stimulating hair growth, that's what i would do. check out the hair loss articles and stuff. karen has a recipe in the Hair and Alternative Remedies thread for stimultaing hair growth by massaging your scalp with basil oil diluted in jojoba oil. she said it worked for her own hair loss. you could have a look at that. rosemary oil with jojoba is another good one to try. there a plenty of recipes on here. maybe you could post again on the long hair board as that one gets the most traffic. you could try hair vitamins if you want to spend the money. that will mean you know your hair is getting all the nutrients it needs to grow in as best it can.
Just be super good to your hair and scalp to give it the chance to heal. Look through all the articles on growing healthy hair. Be really strict about eating the best diet you can for your hair and treat your hair gently. Stying products would probably be bad at this time coz they might clog your hair follicles at a time when you want them to be in their best condition.
mmmmm...i am no expert, hopefully Karen will have some advice for you , or someone else . you said you didn't notice the hair loss til your hairdresser pointed it out so it sounds like it isn't noticible, which is something. Good luck!

bollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 6:08pm
Thank you for the advice Samira! I guess I will just have to wait it out and see where I am at in a few months.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic